Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2011 11:22:49 AM EDT
I have an LWRC upper, in 6.8 mm, with the 8.5 inch bbl, in a pistol set up.

The lower is a RRA, and it came with the stock buffer, which by looks and feel is just the standard weight for 5.56 mm.

At the range, it gave me a number of problems.  Some with the mag, but some ejection issues as well.

What buffer should I use in it, and would that be the cause of my ejection problems?  Does the 6.8 mm, in the short bbl length, need a heavy buffer to keep the bold locked in place for a longer time?

Note: cross posted on the pistol and SBR boards due to the question fitting all boards, but being an obscure question.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an LWRC upper, in 6.8 mm, with the 8.5 inch bbl, in a pistol set up.

The lower is a RRA, and it came with the stock buffer, which by looks and feel is just the standard weight for 5.56 mm.

At the range, it gave me a number of problems.  Some with the mag, but some ejection issues as well.

What buffer should I use in it, and would that be the cause of my ejection problems?  Does the 6.8 mm, in the short bbl length, need a heavy buffer to keep the bold locked in place for a longer time?

Note: cross posted on the pistol and SBR boards due to the question fitting all boards, but being an obscure question.

Thanks,

I think the standard buffer in LWRCI's is the H2 buffer. I don't know if it is the same for SBRs but I am pretty sure it is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the entire LWRC PSD Pistol in 6.8 and it came with some extra typed up sheets on some LWRC letterhead that said the pistols need a 200 round break-in period (unlike their rifles) and to run it very wet with lube as well... mine came almost dripping and it also came with a bottle of slip2000
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
run it wet for the break in period that is... it says "you must heavily lubricate all moving partsof the action with the exception being the gas piston operating system. After the parts become wear mated and broken in, only spot lubrication will be required as per the M6 series carbine instructions"
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I honestly believe that is how you should break in your rifles anyways. The hydraulic buffer that heavy lube provides keeps parts safe as they wear in. IE it only allows what needs to be break in to break in. I hope this dude has the info he needs.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top