Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2011 7:15:25 AM EDT
I've been looking at the LMT MRP lately, lots of good info and reviews out there.  However, I can't seem to find how much one weighs stock.  I'm sure the data is out there somewhere but I haven't stumbled across it yet.  Thanks.
https://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=188&cid=12&session=fb62f2b94b724978a47425cd2a55f371
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The piston version is 7.3 pounds.   I love mine and it is my go to rifle.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The piston version is 7.3 pounds.   I love mine and it is my go to rifle.

+1  Love my LMT Piston.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#3]

MSTN  [Dealer]                                                                                                                                                                                                                   1/23/2005 11:04:41 PM EDT

I HAVE ONE OF EACH RIGHT HERE:

CQB MRP WEIGHTS:

10.5" 52 OZ

14.5" 59 OZ

16" 61 OZ

THEY MIGHT BE LIGHTER IF THEY DID NOT COME WITH SO MUCH OIL ON THEM!

SURPRISINGLY, THE RIFLE LENGTH MRP ONLY WEIGHS 2 OZ MORE THAN A COMPARABLE CQB LENGTH.

WES GRANT

M.S.T.N.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I adore mine too.  Would trust my life to it without hesitation.  'Course it weighs a bit more than 7.3 right now with all the crap I have hanging on it...
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO one of the best rifles there is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep.   MRP is pure awesomeness.  and LMT's customer service kicks ass.  

Only complaint is the MRP is a bit front heavy and the supplied torque wrench sucks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Only complaint is the MRP is a bit front heavy and the supplied torque wrench sucks.

Yup
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

+1 here, love my 16" MRP Piston.

The weight balance is nothing a Magpul UBR or ACS can't fix, that new custom solid billet aluminum adjustable stock (forget who makes it), or even an A2 stock with a buttstock balance weight (if you find it really necessary).

As far as the torque wrench is concerned, I can't think of a better excuse to pick up a Snap-On Techwrench!
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 2:41:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The MRP rocks. Here is one in UDE flavor.

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The weight balance is nothing a Magpul UBR or ACS can't fix, that new custom solid billet aluminum adjustable stock (forget who makes it), or even an A2 stock with a buttstock balance weight (if you find it really necessary).

As far as the torque wrench is concerned, I can't think of a better excuse to pick up a Snap-On Techwrench!

MRP is great.  LMT barrel profile is a little heavy so might want to dimple or turn down to make it more handy.  Just a barrel swap away from any set up you could want be it caliber, barrel length, gas length or system (DI/Piston).

The Mariposa is a less expensive high end wrench and maxes out at 141 so is ideal for MRP... $150 for basic without bits or about $200 for pro with bits and one free re-calibration to confirm accuracy after 5000 torque jobs:

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MRP is great.  LMT barrel profile is a little heavy so might want to dimple or turn down to make it more handy.  Just a barrel swap away from any set up you could want be it caliber, barrel length, gas length or system (DI/Piston).

The Mariposa is a less expensive high end wrench and maxes out at 141 so is ideal for MRP... $150 for basic without bits or about $200 for pro with bits and one free re-calibration to confirm accuracy after 5000 torque jobs:

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/Mariposa3.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/Mariposa2.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/Mariposa1.jpg

Jason -

I've followed your posts on that "damn" wrench and finally had to order one!  Thanks!  I know it's worth the money, but it sure stung the wallet though!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/Mariposa3.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/Mariposa2.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/jasonusvi/Mariposa1.jpg

Jason -

I've followed your posts on that "damn" wrench and finally had to order one!  Thanks!  I know it's worth the money, but it sure stung the wallet though!

Sweet.  Post some pics of your gun and the wrench in the MPR Baddness, chapter 3 thread!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top