User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2011 10:40:15 AM EDT
My Finished AR-15 Build
*Lots of pics

Intro
It's done except for the light which I have to wait for when Elzetta releases their tape switch.

But except for that it's done. It's finally done and now I can move onto other greener pastures. After investing more money than most sane people would into an AR I have come up with for me a keeper which now I will hang onto as long as I live. For me this is what I consider in my view the ultimate rifle. Opinions differ but at the end remember it's what works for the shooter. When I first started planning this build out over a year ago I took time to do my research and it has for me payed off. Having had no experience with firearms besides firing off rifles that various family members owned I fell in love and was intrigued. I set off to learn as much as I could about the AR and I wanted my first to be the end all of most AR's. After a good deal of research I settled on a gas piston AR. I had shot AK's before and I wanted that same reliability even though there is nothing wrong with DI I wanted the extra insurance as it would be a rifle I would use for SHTF and WROL. Also since I'm left handed and like to have friends at the range I shoot a right handed rifle and it helps to not have hot gas's and GPR blowing all over my face. I wanted something that was racer gun fast while could still be used in a combat capacity. I took the time to save up the money knowing my endeavor would not be cheap. So without further adieu I present my finished Bushmaster XM15-E2S. I'm still looking to name my rifle. Any suggestions?

Accu-Wedge

Bolt and extractor disassembled with D - Fender D ring fitted (adds 400% more extraction pressure and makes rounds eject toward the 2 o clock so as a lefty you don't have hot brass smacking your face.)

Part's List

Total Build Cost $5,000 - $6,000 (This included tools and the rifle itself being my first AR)

*Bushmaster XM15-E2S w/ Bushmaster proprietary gas piston upper
*Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T Scope
*DD Omega Piston Rail 7.0 Large
*GEISSELE AUTOMATICS LLC .Hi-Speed DMR Trigger
*Battle Comp 1.0
*BCM Charging Handle, Medium
*BROWNELLS/ENIDINE AR-15 Collapsible Buttstock AR-Restor
*Superior Shooting Systems CS Flat wire buffer spring
*PWS Enhanced Mil spec buffer tube
*Mako Security GL-Shock
*Mako Security T-pod (foregrip / bipod)
*Magpul BAD Battery Assist Device
*Magpul MOE TRIGGER GUARD, Polymer
*Magpul Pmags (Coupled 2 sets)
*Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous safety selector  
*POF roller cam pin
*Magpul MIAD grip
*Accu-Wedge
*D-Fender D-ring
*Magpul Multi Mission Sling
*MERCOB SECURITY GROUP PMAG Mag Grip
*Magpul XTM Rail panels
*YHM flip up BUIS's
*XS sight systems white stripe front tritium sight post and rear tritium same plane rear sight
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks heavy. How do you like that PWS buffer tube? Any signs of carrier tilt?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It weighs 13 pounds with ammunition. Personally the weight doesn't bother me since I use the rifle a lot and am used to a heavier gun. That's why I don't think an ACR is heavy because I'm used to using this. I think your 7 pound DI AR is for girly men.

As for the PWS I love it. Works and no carrier tilt at all.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you go shoot your new gun instead of spamming pictures of it, and bashing this guys lightweight gun..
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle.  Enjoy it!

Oh, and dude . . . . CLEAN THE POOL!!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
No disrespect meant, but I think you should find a way to drop it about 4 pounds.

Define a singular purpose for the rifle. Then build to accommodate it. Avoid the jack of all trades, master of none approach. You have a lot of expensive gear there, I think you might be happier with several purpose driven rifles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No disrespect meant, but I think you should find a way to drop it about 4 pounds.

Define a singular purpose for the rifle. Then build to accommodate it. Avoid the jack of all trades, master of none approach. You have a lot of expensive gear there, I think you might be happier with several purpose driven rifles.

The weight comes mostly from the piston and the scope. The scope helps balance it our a bit and the rest comes from the ammo. It's set up more as a DMR rifle than anything else but has the ability to be used in a close quarters environment.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It weighs 13 pounds with ammunition. Personally the weight doesn't bother me since I use the rifle a lot and am used to a heavier gun. That's why I don't think an ACR is heavy because I'm used to using this. I think your 7 pound DI AR is for girly men.

As for the PWS I love it. Works and no carrier tilt at all.

Less is more. People told you something you didn't like about your rifle earlier and here is this thread again.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
You would think part of that weight would be a light of some sort. It's going to be even heavier when you add that Elzetta. If it's ONLY a DMR I would understand.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#9]
nice
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top