Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2010 12:59:01 PM EDT
Looks a lot like the first gen POF upper I had and really liked.

They take down just like the POF early system correct? 1 detent pin in the gas plug? The screw in plug is
for the conversion kit version only?

Anyone here have expereince with one? How has it held up when ran hard?
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
?????
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 4:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Knight, we are not ignoring you.  There is lots of info on this forum about the function of the CMMG system.  I will politely suggest that you explore the shitty search function on this forum.  I have not shot or used a CMMG, but they are producing many of these, I'm certain that if they were shit we'd hear about it.  You know how it goes, it works nobody says anything, it doesn't and they scream from the rooftops about it.  

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't really speak to the others but I love mine. I had an issue with the free float hand guard (cmmg factory installed) not staying tight but some loctight and a bing wrench now that's fixed! I have had a hammer pin break and the charging handle latch pin break I put the lower together and installed a gun fighter latch so those are on me I'm sure. I think for the money you get a great product.
There customer service is great they have a very knowledgeable staff. I have many friends and family that have bought from them on my recommendation. If you have any questions or need pics of something I will try to help as much as I can.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't answer your questions regarding the similarities between CMMG and POF, but I can tell you that I really love my CMMG piston carbine.  It has never failed me and take-down is a snap.  It seems the engineering that went into this system was direct and simple, but it works.  It's my "go to gun" if ever the need presents itself.  That's saying a lot because I have upper shelf AKs, an H&K and other DI ARs in my arsenal.  I'll post a pic for you as soon as I find my friggin camera!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I had no problems at all with my CMMG gas upper and RRA lower..  Was perfect all the time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm going to go with a SureFire 951 and LaRue offset mount, but that's about the last of the changes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Thank you for posting these pics sir. Very fine set up! Would you be willing to take and post a few pics of the bolt, carrier, and gas
system as well? Thanks much

Quoted:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/Bachelor_of_Science/000_0460.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/Bachelor_of_Science/000_0459.jpg

I'm going to go with a SureFire 951 and LaRue offset mount, but that's about the last of the changes.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure.  No problem.  I'll do it this evening when I get off work.

Bud
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you Bud!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]

As you can see, I suck at photography.  Parts are clockwise:

Piston, Gas Plug, Piston Return Spring, Carrier, Bolt, Firing Pin Retaining Pin, Firing Pin and Cam

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top