Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2010 1:13:33 AM EDT
First of all Hello to everyone
Ive been a member since a long time and this is my first question, it migth be a newbie question but couldnt fin anything under search for this specific question...
I currently have Adams Arms piston conversion on my main build but since I decided to focus more on this rifle and go all out on it, I want to change the Adams Arms bolt carrier into a better (if any) I understand perfectly how the piston works, Ive been reading here about the carriers and I came across to this one http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-ionbond-p/bcm%20bcg%20auto%20ib.htm
it seems to fit the ideas of a good carrier but my question is,  is this worth better than the one I currently have I know Im going to need to change the carrier key but would I come accross any problems or would the change of carriers not be worth it (any difference)
Thanks to all,You all have a good one!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:59:46 AM EDT
[#1]

The adams arms BCG has a solid machined block for the piston to push the BCG. A BCM BCG has a standard gas carrier key. It would not work with the piston conversion. You would have to make a block and bolt and stake it on. Way too much work and effort for something may not work. Also the adams arms BCG at the rear of carrier has more surface( rails or skis)  area to prevent wear and tear on the buffer detent and tube.

I would just run that carrier IMHO. It was designed for that piston system any other carrier group will most likely function poorly or not function at all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#2]
...exactly...
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top