Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:20:08 AM EDT
I have purchased a CMMG Gas Piston Kit, but without the bolt spring. Does it function without or would it be more reasonable to use it with the spring?

Can someone tell me the measurement of the bolt spring, please?
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The CMMG LEP-II upper I bought on the equipment exchange here didn't come with a spring loaded bolt. I didn't even know there was supposed to be a spring in there.

None the less it seems to run just fine, I've put about 300 rounds through it so far and the only problem I had was brown bear + bad c-product magazine that caused a few fail to feeds

*edit*

just took the BCG apart and only noticeable springs I have in the bolt are the ejector pin spring and the extractor spring.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]

From my picture in another thread.

It is 16mm long.

They would probably send you one, but if it works without it - why bother?

Craig
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen some discussion about removing the gas rings.  My CMMG instructions did not mention removing them but another article said to do it.  I removed them and used the spring.  My rifle works great with no malfunctions or wear after 1200 rounds.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top