Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:26:30 AM EDT
I got a new toy at work earlier this week. We finally have started to get rid of our M16A1 patrol rifles and are replacing them with the LWRC M6A1 stretch model.  I went out to LWRC in Maryland about a month ago and helped pick up all 75 rifles.  The LWRC staff was very nice and put on a good presentation for us.  We had a fun time knocking down some steel before lunch.  I had to wait for the past month until this week to get property numbers issued to the rifles before I could take possession of mine.  I've only put about 300 rounds though it so far, but I am pleased.  This one is a mid length system with a auto carrier and a H2 buffer.  Recoil is very mild.  The only gripe I have is the PMAGS that came with it don't drop free.  I tried some 2007 and 2008 PMAGS also and none dropped.  USGI mags are fine though.  I'm not a big Eotech fan but it works fine.  Hopefully once the snow stops, I can put some more rounds down range.  Here are some crappy pictures I snapped in the office.  I will try to take some better ones later.  David

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You can take the high points off the Pmags to make them drop free by rubbing them over a sheet of medium grit sandpaper on a flat surface.

Those wouldn't be transferrable pre-86 M16A1's, would they?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that an M6A1 Stretch with a 14.7" barrel?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is that an M6A1 Stretch with a 14.7" barrel?

Yes, with a pinned phantom flash supressor.  David
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can take the high points off the Pmags to make them drop free by rubbing them over a sheet of medium grit sandpaper on a flat surface.

Those wouldn't be transferrable pre-86 M16A1's, would they?

Thanks for the tip.  We have over 200 M16A1's.  Mostly Colts, Hydromatics and at least one H&R that I've seen.  Most of them are scheduled to get turned in and eventually converted to flattops with 14.7 or 16 inch barrels.  David
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, didn't know they were making this variant. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were to purchase an LWRC, that's the model I'd get. Looks very nice!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top