Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 2:22:56 PM EDT
Anyone having problems with their 12" LMT piston upper not grabbing another round or not grabbing the bolt catch on the last round?  I'm using Wolf .223 75 gr HP.  I noticed the problem when attaching an AAC 72-SD.  Today I removed the buffer they sent (H2) and put the original buffer back (H)  in and it still had the same problem, except that it would fail even unsuppressed.  It is very well lubed...  Is Wolf too weak?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had a problem with my 12" LMT piston.  I've never shot Wolf though.  I'd just try some different ammo/mags.

ETA:  I shoot suppressed as well and haven't had a problem suppressed or unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
None with mine but I've never shot Wolf in it either.  With Corbon DPX it would shortstroke with the H2 buffer but going to an H fixed it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got to pick mine up last week but haven't had any time to hit the range. I'll come back with an AAR once I do. I have a Knights TTB installed and I'll be nunning a QDSS-NT4 suppressor so we'll see how she performs...

ETA: Some LMT gun pics

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I second the idea of shooting some different ammo. I would try shooting a variety of ammo and brands, such as Black hills 55, 62, or 75 grain ammo. I would also try anything in 5.56 nato instead of 223 if you can find some. Another thing is trying a different manufacture such as Federal, Winchester, or even Hornady. If all that still dosent work, talk to a LMT service rep. Its sometimes easier to buy several boxes of ammo and see what it likes best than to be without it for a month or so.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I seem to recall that some of the early LMT piston uppers had gas ports drilled too small. I think these were 16" barrels, but it might be something to look into.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top