Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2018 1:11:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
nice, that looks alot better than the last one...
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I see this claim "Compensator is designed to redirect sound forward" all the time for various "linier compensators. I read glowing reviews from reviewers claiming reduced noise and blast subjectively from the point of view of the shooter. Can you say "Pacebo Effect"?

The only test of non-suppressor muzzle devices' noise level in decibels as measured at the shooters ear is the one found here:
http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/uncategorized/ar-15-muzzle-device-comparison/

The hands down winners were all flash hiders with the prong types being the quietest at the shooter's ear. Only flash hiders were quieter than a bare muzzle in this 2014 test.

I would personally love it if any linier comp, this one or other, can be shown to be quieter than the AAC Blackout and B.E. Meyers 249F flash hiders as measured at the shooter's ear. Show me the test data that shows this comp to beat these two flash hiders and I'll be first in line to buy one.

So far I have not seen a single test of any linier comp with a decibel meter to back up these marketing statements.

I very, very much wish to be proven wrong on this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
You may have misunderstood the point of the linear comp.  
This is not about “noise”.  The point is to redirect the blast and concussion that is normally felt by those on either side of the weapon forward instead so that your teammates are not hit with the pressure wave.
I have tested several linear comps by shooting with and without them at the range with others standing on the firing line and everyone said there was a noticeable change.  What’s more, I didn’t tell anyone ahead of time what I was doing, only asked them to tell me if they noticed anything.
I also stood to the side while others fired my SBR with and without my blast can attached and I also noticed a reduced amount of pressure blast. Of course I knew what I was looking for so it wasn’t a blind test.
If any of these linear comp devices lowered the dB level, they would be classified as SOUND SUPPRESSORS and fall under the regulations of same.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top