BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 12:39:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Snazzy setups.  I do have one question/comment.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  On the top picture you have what appears to be magpul BUIS, with the front one on the gas block.  I thought magpul said that was a no-no due to heat.  Does the piston design reduce heat to the gasblock?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks! The piston system substantially reduces heat to the gasblock. This is the reason that we employ this particular piston system. It incorporates a picatinny railed gas block that is at the same height of a flattop upper receiver, thus allowing you to run both front and rear BUIS on a rifle even if you do not have a quad rail on that particular rifle. _ Justin
Quoted:
Snazzy setups.  I do have one question/comment.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  On the top picture you have what appears to be magpul BUIS, with the front one on the gas block.  I thought magpul said that was a no-no due to heat.  Does the piston design reduce heat to the gasblock?

It looks like an adams arms design piston system, and if thats the case the gas block does get VERY hot (I have one) and it is recommended that you don't run a MBUS on it due to the possibility of the plastic heating up and melting.

I'm not trying to bash you here, and I may be mistaken, but the gas block looks the same as mine, and I wouldn't dare try and touch it after shooting a couple hundred rounds through it
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
i picked up one of their piston rifles last year and have had my MBUS on the gas block since i bought it and i shoot the hell out of this rifle and have had zero problems with melting of the MBUS

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay good deal, I was mistaken

I'll throw some mbus on my rifle soon then too
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]

I also run Magpul MBUS sights on my AA piston. Over 1500rds and no issues.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top