Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2022 9:45:24 PM EDT
I’ve wanted one for years and I finally decided to build one off a receiver I’ve had for years but just sat in the safe.   My problem is that I can’t find any parts.   I don’t mind reproduction parts as the rifle won’t be original, but I’d assume there’d be plenty of new parts to be found.  I’ve searched the internet and barely found anything.  Any help is appreciated
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can wait a few months, PSA is coming out with a line of retro rifles and parts.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:40:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can wait a few months, PSA is coming out with a line of retro rifles and parts.
View Quote

I would wait to see the H&R offerings are released.

Try to find affordable parts is hard to make a clone right now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

H &R and PSA are the same company now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
TNTE appears to have some stock in.  But they're pricey, and their customer service seems to be spotty.  They'll sell you a whole upper, but it will be a C7 style upper.  When I built my XM177, I wound up going through them for the upper because at the time I wasn't having any luck finding parts.  I wasn't looking for an exact clone, but I do wish I would have gone with the proper pencil barrel, I wound up with one with a gov profile and I feel the lighter weight of the pencil profile would have been better.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownells has barrels and muzzle devices. Stocks are available from a number of sources.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the advice about H&R. Maybe start picking up your furniture pieces here and there. Careful ol skewl is addictive
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ll wait. I hope they offer parts and not the whole thing.  Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey OP -
FYI - one of the members over on the FAL Files is selling a couple take offs from a Colt SP1 carbine - both a 16" barrel and a complete old school Colt vinyl acetate coated alum. buttstock assembly.
Pretty spendy but legit Colt parts.
https://www.falfiles.com/threads/retro-colt-sp1-carbine-butt-stock-vinyl-acetate-aluminum-and-complete-barrel-seperate-sales.478048/
BTW - I am in no way affiliated with that guy, the FALFiles is one of the boards I check daily.
Best of luck in your retro endeavors!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey OP -
FYI - one of the members over on the FAL Files is selling a couple take offs from a Colt SP1 carbine - both a 16" barrel and a complete old school Colt vinyl acetate coated alum. buttstock assembly.
Pretty spendy but legit Colt parts.
https://www.falfiles.com/threads/retro-colt-sp1-carbine-butt-stock-vinyl-acetate-aluminum-and-complete-barrel-seperate-sales.478048/
BTW - I am in no way affiliated with that guy, the FALFiles is one of the boards I check daily.
Best of luck in your retro endeavors!
View Quote

Thank you. I already have an SP1 from 1968 so I’m not that desperate.   It’s going to be a repro, so I don’t have to pay for original parts
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top