Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 7:20:02 PM EDT
I have been looking for a while for an M7 bayonet and picked up a couple of used ones from Sportsman's Guide for about $30 bucks each a few days ago, after receiving and cleaning a bit, then sharpening, they are good to go, if you place a $49 order you can get free shipping, all in all pretty happy, they fit and complete a gun I was building.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a pretty good deal, will have to snag a couple, thanks for the heads-up
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Use brsh1708 for free shipping.  Got one on the way.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a while for an M7 bayonet and picked up a couple of used ones from Sportsman's Guide for about $30 bucks each a few days ago, after receiving and cleaning a bit, then sharpening, they are good to go, if you place a $49 order you can get free shipping, all in all pretty happy, they fit and complete a gun I was building.
View Quote

That's where I bought my first M16A1 surplus parts kit, back in 2014, for $350, if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Who made the bayonet? Does the sheath have the little metal insert at the tip?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who made the bayonet? Does the sheath have the little metal insert at the tip?
View Quote
Here is the link to the page they were on, dig in and find the answers for yourself.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-m7-bayonet-with-scabbard-used?a=406497
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Didnt think the mfg would be mentioned in the ad. Just thought it would be no problem for the guy that actually has one in his hands to tell us all about it.
Forgive me for this error.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didnt think the mfg would be mentioned in the ad. Just thought it would be no problem for the guy that actually has one in his hands to tell us all about it.
Forgive me for this error.
View Quote
Not saying you made an error, it states in the ad that it was made by General Cutlery, which was one of the many manufactures over the years of bayonets.

Here is another link that talks about the General Cutlery company, they made a lot of M7 Bayonets.

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/humes_m7_04.htm
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
You are correct sir.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top