Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2017 2:46:33 PM EDT
Called Slim today and ordered 2 E type stocks,1 set A1 handguards, 2 teardrop FA, 2 sets of A1rear sights and 1 A1 pistol grip all shipped for $150
I felt pretty good about that. What you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I need to call and order more stuff.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Called Slim today and ordered 2 E type stocks,1 set A1 handguards, 2 teardrop FA, 2 sets of A1rear sights and 1 A1 pistol grip all shipped for $150
I felt pretty good about that. What you guys think?
View Quote

I love doing business with Slim. I have done so for nearly 3 years. When they have the parts in inventory, they are sold at very reasonable prices. Slim and Indiana Army Surplus are my go-to retro store when I want original parts.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you finding these ? I went online to Indiana Army Surplus looking for some genuine Colt teardrop FAs but dont see any of the things you ordered.  Is there some secret category?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you finding these ? I went online to Indiana Army Surplus looking for some genuine Colt teardrop FAs but dont see any of the things you ordered.  Is there some secret category?
View Quote
You have to call.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You have to call.
View Quote
Or email.

They also have original dust covers for 20-40$
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or email.

They also have original dust covers for 20-40$
View Quote
I got two from him last week in good shape for $40/ea.  Id rather have originals for a few extra bucks than take a chance on the repros that may or may not fit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought he said $50 yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
When i was on their site there is no link for these. But when you call its like the retro gods have heard your prayer.
The parts just magically appear st my house. Ok,ok. Its probably not an angel. But its got to be the stork or  something.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
... Maybe for you
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When i was on their site there is no link for these. But when you call its like the retro gods have heard your prayer.
The parts just magically appear st my house. Ok,ok. Its probably not an angel. But its got to be the stork or  something.
View Quote
lets keep it a secret, before Gunbroker gets ahold of it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But its got to be the stork or  something.
View Quote
Pretty sure it's not the Easter Bunny

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Are these the genuine teardrop FAs that are kind of rounded and thinner on the forward edge or are they the newer boxier ones?  I also think the older ones have one more line on them than the new ones  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
... Maybe for you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... Maybe for you
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are these the genuine teardrop FAs that are kind of rounded and thinner on the forward edge or are they the newer boxier ones?  I also think the older ones have one more line on them than the new ones  
View Quote
Original take offs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my order yesterday. I ordered 2 type E stocks, 2 A1 rear sights, 2 handguard sets, 2 teardrop fa, and 1 A1 pistol grip.
All the items were in very reasonable condition.
1 item was left out of the order. Slim was so fast to make it right that i felt bad about it so i offered to pay shipping on it.
This company is old school as the guns we build! Awesome vendor!!
Also, Slim said he has never built a rifle! We need to encourage him to fix that.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top