Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 10:07:23 PM EDT
I think I posted this item a few years ago but never found out much about it.  It came from Dean L (of green towel fame) and I've been trying to see if anyone has ever seen another like it or knows any history about it.  Figured there were a lot of new visitors on this forum and it was time for another go.

The stock looks pretty early based on the mottling present.  The sticker is a sort of shiny metallic foil with dull green ink over that.  Any speculation on who issued it?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems suspiciously like an "In Country" thing, maybe only fielded in largely congested areas of new guys.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Never seen one in my years of inspecting weapons.

Looks unit specific to me, perhaps a training unit or the like.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Just another example of literacy contributing to one's personal health.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Original AR15 stock circa mid 1960s training rifle.
What do you expect when they drafted hippies?

If you saw the other end, it would have had the 3 prong flash hider, which now does not exist any more.
But dont worry, you can still open your beer bottles with a JP or Smith flash hider.
Which are advanced copes of the original AR15 flash hider, pre birdcage.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking it was a REMF thing...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd buy a few.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Coincidentally, I just picked up another (modern) carbine...which carries an interesting barrel stamp (barrel from a company called Airborne Arms).
Since this carbine will be used for training a brand new shooter, I guess the extra reminder can't hurt. :)

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coincidentally, I just picked up another (modern) carbine...which carries an interesting barrel stamp (barrel from a company called Airborne Arms).
View Quote

Yeah, well Airborne guys have always been a little......different

Thanks for all the opinions on the stock label.  I also tend to think of it as an REMF deal or used someplace where someone draws a rifle to pull perimeter guard duty or something similar.  Possible early USAF Air Police for an overseas location?  I know Dean had a bunch of 601 green furniture at the same time I got this and I'm pretty sure they came off Air Force guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#10]
One I should have kept
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One I should have kept
View Quote

No Dean, you made the right choice.  I really like it too and am treating it with TLC!  Just haven't decided what to put it on yet.

Can you share any more about its source or your opinion of what it is?  Thanks again for letting me buy it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
probably what you got for spewing the co or shooting your buddy  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
That stock came in a mix of other M16 stocks and handguards out of tri wall crates from the 80s
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top