Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:08:22 AM EDT
Trying to gage the interest in Type 1 and 2 3 prong flash suppressors.

We have CMM'd 2 original parts and have made 3D models now I just need to see if there is any interest.  These will be exactly like GI parts.
We will put a small stamp on the back as proof that are not originals.

I am not sure what the cost will be but it will be reasonable.  The more we make the more reasonable they will be.

The time line on these will be 3 months.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure, I would probably be in for one of each. Always like to see more manufacturers go retro.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
not to discourage production but i think there is someone already doing them and they are pretty well reviewed for $30.  

don't want to see you guys scale up for production and then get discouraged with the sales.  

i do think there are other items that would be in demand with a gap in the market for production if you have the machine time.

http://www.innovativeindustriesllc.com/products/flash-hider-early-duck-bill-3-prong-1-2-28

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:01:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do think there are other items that would be in demand with a gap in the market for production if you have the machine time.
View Quote

Yes - Like... Maybe some of these items?:

Properly-made/dimensioned, L-marked A1 rear sight assemblies.

Pretty much any of the 601-style lower receiver component parts (ie: bolt-catch assemblies, dimpled take-down & pivot pins, horizontally-grooved mag-buttons, dimpled mag-catches, & no-tick safety-selectors) ...all with grey Parkerizing of course. (basically, an entire 601-style lower receiver parts set would be a nice thing to offer.)

not so much a retro-per-se item, but maybe bring back a decent reproduction of the (hard for me to find anyway) large-headed A2 forward-assist button.

& um...would a reproduction of the 601/602 ejection port-doors be too-much to ask for as well please?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I think MANY of us would like to see an extended A1 and 3 prong flash hider for 14.5 barrels!

There are extended A2 FHs but they just lengthened the the "prongs" and it don't look right.

I have always thought that thickening the "rings" on the bottom a little and lengthening the "prongs" a little less would make a MUCH better looking FH.

I'd love to see someone mock one of those up.

Come on! It's only an extra .2 inches!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think MANY of us would like to see an extended A1 and 3 prong flash hider for 14.5 barrels!

There are extended A2 FHs but they just lengthened the the "prongs" and it don't look right.

I have always thought that thickening the "rings" on the bottom a little and lengthening the "prongs" a little less would make a MUCH better looking FH.

View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
not to discourage production but i think there is someone already doing them and they are pretty well reviewed for $30.  

don't want to see you guys scale up for production and then get discouraged with the sales.  

i do think there are other items that would be in demand with a gap in the market for production if you have the machine time.

http://www.innovativeindustriesllc.com/products/flash-hider-early-duck-bill-3-prong-1-2-28

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0053/5332/products/DSC05328_large.JPG
View Quote

Its a competitive market LOL..

I would probably make something more mainstream and in bulk, cheaply. That's just the economy major in me talking.
look at the above post

I put these out at gunshows and people just pick them up to reminisce about this and that.
Like setting out A1 uppers. If I had a nickel everytime people talked about my parts and if they could talk LOL.
Its cool though.. Im the only one who really deals with this niche at the local show

Funnily, they may or may not have an idea what they are holding. Most think 601 is just south mississippis area code
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Prototype number 4's muxzle brake repro and bipod ring would be good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't forget about the M marked 601 repros. I like the idea of a pinable improved 3 prong FH.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't forget about the M marked 601 repros. I like the idea of a pinable improved 3 prong FH.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep you're right.  i thought dawg180/sven/manticorearms were done with those but i guess they either did another run or are still selling ones from their original run

http://manticorearms.com/Duckbill-Flash-Hider-MA-500.htm
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I told her...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao made my day.I'm  gonna try it at bar next time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the tip!

I did the extra jam nut thing on my 652 and dayumed if it hasn't started  bothering me to look at it.

It's a cryin' shame what the ravages of RBRD can do to a man as he quietly stares at the incorrect "whatever", MOCKING him from his rifle!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll plus one on that as I'm on a project like that now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

x4  on this!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's just the tip!

I did the extra jam nut thing on my 652 and dayumed if it hasn't started  bothering me to look at it.

It's a cryin' shame what the ravages of RBRD can do to a man as he quietly stares at the incorrect "whatever", MOCKING him from his rifle!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just the tip!

Now that made me laugh out loud!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top