Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2014 10:43:55 PM EDT
Here's a link to Pictures and the Ad  Thoughts?

ETA: I've never seen a Colt scope's rollmark in yellow before, I've seen mostly white and a couple in red.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

ETA: I've never seen a Colt scope's rollmark in yellow before, I've seen mostly white and a couple in red.
View Quote

yellow is the original white paint filled markings yellowing with age.

i don't think there were any red.

the first realist scopes were just engraved and not color filled.  the japanese engraved ones were color filles.  later japanese ones had painted markings.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice, I don't know much about colt scopes, but good score at least you didn't
buy a $250.00 colt box.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

the first realist scopes were just engraved and not color filled.  the japanese engraved ones were color filles.  later japanese ones had painted markings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible someone used a red grease pencil to fill in the Colt rollmark?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice! The yellow may just be color fill that somebody did. I've color filled lowers before. Good score Will!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah probably.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very nice! The yellow may just be color fill that somebody did. I've color filled lowers before. Good score Will!
View Quote

Thanks, I spent most of today lounging, and drinking coffee and walked into the bedroom to see I had an IM from the seller. He accepted my offer, I had sent it 1-2 days prior so I thought he wasn't going to accept. I usually just keep arfcom open and idle even when I'm not home, so it must appear that I'm never offline. I left arfcom open on my work computer and I haven't been there since last Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looking at the 3rd pic down, and comparing the colors of the background, the sticker and the numbers on the BDC knob to the other pics, I'm wondering if the yellow might not be some kinda color compensating thing with the camera setting.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Agree that the yellow tint is probably a bleed over from the yellow background, let us know the color when you get it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Great Score !!!

I think you got a great scope for an early type AR.  Do you have an early type AR? LOL

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks, I spent most of today lounging, and drinking coffee and walked into the bedroom to see I had an IM from the seller. He accepted my offer, I had sent it 1-2 days prior so I thought he wasn't going to accept. I usually just keep arfcom open and idle even when I'm not home, so it must appear that I'm never offline. I left arfcom open on my work computer and I haven't been there since last Saturday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it shows you as offline right now, which is pretty astonishing
Must be a glitch!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looking at the 3rd pic down, and comparing the colors of the background, the sticker and the numbers on the BDC knob to the other pics, I'm wondering if the yellow might not be some kinda color compensating thing with the camera setting.
View Quote

This is what I was thinking as well.

Nice score Hipshot (btw send me your addy again via IM)
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll find out soon enough.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top