Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 12:02:38 AM EDT
Hello everyone, I was wondering where everyone is getting their CAR stocks! My google fu is weak, and I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
check out M&A parts or Essential Arms for repro's or the EE for colt's
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got an essential today.  Real nice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info! How quick was the shipping with Essential Arms?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Tony's customs has both aluminum and plastic CAR stocks.  Both are Mil-spec. http://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered it on Thursday last week, had it yesterday.  Nice, smooth shiny black.  I don't have an Sp1 to compare, but it looks like my n stocks.  Real nice gentleman took my order.  I bought the stock only, going to use nodak receiver extensions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If I might ask, what is the tab for the EA car stock? I am at at toss up with Tony's, whether alum or fiberlite.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I just received a fiberlite and an aluminum stock from Tony's. Both came with milspec receiver extensions, but the aluminum stock itself has the larger internal diameter for a commercial receiver extension. I haven't had a chance to contact Tony's about this yet. I'm very happy with the fiberlite stock.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Fwiw, I also just received a Tonys mil-spec Fiberlite CAR stock. Quality and fit looks fine. 5 position buffer tube. Weighing it as a complete assembly(buffer, tube, spring, endplate, stock) was 14oz. Compared to a std carbine commercial buffer assembly using a std relatively light M4 stock, was exactly 101gms(3.56oz) difference between the two.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Model 1 Sales has mil-spec CAR fiberlite stocks. I have used a couple of them.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top