Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 6:18:17 PM EDT
They are retro! just read the description. No holes so that's a good thing.

LINK
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
"Watching"
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
So I guess you may need to know where I'm coming from and why I see humor here.
I'm ex Army helicopter pilot. Flew Uh1 Huey's, OH 58s as a scout and then first of the
AH 64s. Been in a few situations where a diaper might have been called for. Just the fact that
these are selling with the description, some stains, struck me as humorous. Hope I haven't
offended anybody, if I have I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Heh, heh...can see where those could certainly be useful. I read that at one time, the LA phone book was in high demand.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, door gunners were supposed to wear something with a big flap in front. Like that. Watching too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
"Armor is in good condition. Some stains but no damage. Doesn't look like it saw much use. No size indicated. I think this is one size. NO INTERNATIONAL RETURNS. Check out my other items!"

Don't want to know.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Geo...small world! I was an AH-1 pilot and then a 64 guy all from '89-95. Class 90-10

I have never seen those before and the closest thing I have seen were the flap codpiece ones for flak jackets.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Geo...small world! I was an AH-1 pilot and then a 64 guy all from '89-95. Class 90-10

I have never seen those before and the closest thing I have seen were the flap codpiece ones for flak jackets.
View Quote

I also 89-95 Class 89-13
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Why does everybody think it is so funny to have a bullet proof "diaper"? That is the one area I would want to protect. We had our local shreiffs office show up in riot gear recently, they had big guards on their arms, hands, legs, chest, shoulders........... nothing on their crotch. I was like "WTF?" I am absolutely not kidding, if I was in combat or kicking in doors or raiding meth labs, I would take bullet proof undies over a vest all day.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
They're not bulletproof, it's designed to take flak and not a direct shot. Even if they were bulletproof I imagine if it stopped something it would feel much like getting hit in the boys by a sledge hammer!

Sure, you would survive but you may wish you didn't.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top