Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2014 7:38:05 PM EDT
I found a Colt 3x scope on Backpage here locally in AZ for $125. Looks like a Not so early Jap model. Has the thin lined Colt logo. He took the add down or else I would have posted the link. I emailed him and he is holding one for me.

From the pics on this thread that was done in 2012, it is the third scope (Later Jap).
arfcom colt 3x thread link

This is the retro rifle it would go on.

So my question is; Is $125 a decent price for this optic for a retro rifle?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I found a Colt 3x scope on Backpage here locally in AZ for $125. Looks like a Not so early Jap model. Has the thin lined Colt logo. He took the add down or else I would have posted the link. I emailed him and he is holding one for me.

From the pics on this thread that was done in 2012, it is the third scope (Later Jap).
arfcom colt 3x thread link

This is the retro rifle it would go on.
<a href="http://s180.photobucket.com/user/jerede/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01/5bfeeef8-5fda-435d-a84d-65f11bd8c931_zpsc1b69c7c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x247/jerede/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-01/5bfeeef8-5fda-435d-a84d-65f11bd8c931_zpsc1b69c7c.jpg</a>

So my question is; Is $125 a decent price for this optic for a retro rifle?

Thanks!
View Quote

$125 is a no brainer.  jump on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Real good price if legit...
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Well i could get both if theyre still available and if someone wants one I can charge them what I paid plus shipping. Any suggestions on telling if they're authentic?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well i could get both if theyre still available and if someone wants one I can charge them what I paid plus shipping. Any suggestions on telling if they're authentic?
View Quote

I'd take you up on that offer for sure.

Let me know
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy them both - just make sure they are real. You can't go wrong. Nice group of weapons BTW. That's a 602 build isn't it? I like all three - the A4 and Mk18 are pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy them both - just make sure they are real. You can't go wrong. Nice group of weapons BTW. That's a 602 build isn't it? I like all three - the A4 and Mk18 are pretty sweet.
View Quote

Thanks! I was originally trying to build a 601 clone but got stuck here. Ran out of money and couldn 't find the furniture. I saw a thread about someone panting the black furniture and I might try my best at it with a extra set if I can. The bottom SBR isn't suppose to be a MK18, just happened to fall into that catagory. I had the spare KACs kit and I wanted a light on it so I threw on there. Its actually my predator hunting rifle. A4 is my favorite, just a fun gun to shoot.

I have decided to buy them both, already got a PM from someone on the extra scope so now it will just be making sure they're authentic. Ill post pics Sunday night when I get them!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Here it is!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome snag!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Niiiiice!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice.  Looks real to me from that picture.  I have a later 4x Colt that I think I paid two or three times as much for, missing an adjustment cap.   Good deal!

I did an early 604, original upper/barrel/FSB, dimpled pins, etc.  I found a triangle charging handle, chrome BCG with machined FPRP and big head firing pin, edgewater buffer, etc.  The dimpled pins are originals, but I think the selector is a Heatnbeat remake.  I had an original green grip, but couldn't find or afford the handguards or stock, so I painted them.  I just recently put mottled furniture (no drain handguards) back on because I think it is more authentic then the painted ones, but they did look nice, just too new.

Here is a picture of the scope on a late 604 (top) and the green painted handguards/stock on the early 604 before I changed them out.  I might try to age them and see how that goes.  I used rust colored primer underneath the green paint so when they scratch through it should have the same look as the real stuff when it's scratched - like the grip.

(The grass is original green - not painted...........)
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice.  Looks real to me from that picture.  I have a later 4x Colt that I think I paid two or three times as much for, missing an adjustment cap.   Good deal!

I did an early 604, original upper/barrel/FSB, dimpled pins, etc.  I found a triangle charging handle, chrome BCG with machined FPRP and big head firing pin, edgewater buffer, etc.  The dimpled pins are originals, but I think the selector is a Heatnbeat remake.  I had an original green grip, but couldn't find or afford the handguards or stock, so I painted them.  I just recently put mottled furniture (no drain handguards) back on because I think it is more authentic then the painted ones, but they did look nice, just too new.

Here is a picture of the scope on a late 604 (top) and the green painted handguards/stock on the early 604 before I changed them out.  I might try to age them and see how that goes.  I used rust colored primer underneath the green paint so when they scratch through it should have the same look as the real stuff when it's scratched - like the grip.

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/rlr350/IMG_0638-1.jpg

(The grass is original green - not painted...........)
View Quote

You should do a step by step instructions on how to paint those 601 clone furniture.  I wanted to do a 601 clone, but stuck where I am at till i have money for real parts or extras to paint.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Great deal on that scope!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top