Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:20:13 PM EDT
Instead of the typical painted on rack number, I came across an A1 stock with a plate bearing a rack number riveted to the left side of the stock.

I'd be curious to hear what nations did this with their rifles.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw plates with names on them riveted to the stocks on some of the kiwis, but i can't remember if it had a rack number on them. This was on newer rifles of course but could be something they've dne for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Never seen that before on any U.S. Military issue M16/M4 for sure. Did the rivets crack or spiderweb the stock?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never seen that before on any U.S. Military issue M16/M4 for sure. Did the rivets crack or spiderweb the stock?
View Quote

no the stock is in good shape

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

exactly like that!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Don't know what nation it came from, but it's sitting in my basement right now. The guy that sold it to me said it was an A1, but when I tried to use it, the top screw wouldn't make it to the buffer tube. Turns out it was an A2.

Simple drill and pop rivet job. Top rivet doesn't come near the buffer tube.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top