Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2013 1:46:07 PM EDT
Hello!

I have this setup atm, Bushmaster lower and upper and normal A2 stock, 16" barrel with this flash hider, that rifle is just enough 840mm 33.6", our laws need have atleast that lenght.

Im planning to get more inches to my barrel is there any good longer flash hiders on market ? to get just little more lenght. I've seen somewhere atleast those retro vietman look flashiders, but cannot find any those from midway or brownels.

I got also S&W 17" barrel, i could use that too, but that is so stupid look, coz barrel is like too long after front sight.

is there on any good rifle lenght quad rail  system where i can hide low gas block, i got one rifle lenght free float with quad rails, but those rails not line up Bushmaster upper rails.

Im planning to get that this stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inlH090KdpA

with this 16" setup, i need 1.56" more to get that rearstock

or with 17" 0.56" and new quad rail where u can use low profile gas block under that rails will line up with receiver, is there even that kind quad rail ? :D
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, you're in the wrong area for rail questions, but it sounds like you're looking for an XM177 "moderator" (flash hider).  You don't say what profile barrel you have, but if you search Gunbroker for XM177 Hider, you'll see a variety of options, like this slipover, for a .750 diameter barrel.  Since you're not going for an "authentic" XM177 clone, a slipover like this might do just what you want it to.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
aah sorry that im wrong place, can u move this topic right place ?

that ar down there, no clue what profile barrel that is, can u tell just from pic ?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

that ar down there, no clue what profile barrel that is, can u tell just from pic ?
View Quote

Looks like a 16" M4 profile barrel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
is the stock missing a buttplate too?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
.750 slip over would extend FH profile backwards closer to the M-203 cut.  Normal production slip over is going to add approx 6 ozs or 2700 gm to total weight all on the front end and won't make it any longer.  To add length probably a custom made FH would work and put threads where you want them for desired length / effect.  Should be a decent machinist locally who could make one for you.  Nice collection of rifles.  Welcome to retroland where old is new and new is old.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
.750 slip over would extend FH profile backwards closer to the M-203 cut.  Normal production slip over is going to add approx 6 ozs or 2700 gm to total weight all on the front end and won't make it any longer.  To add length probably a custom made FH would work and put threads where you want them for desired length / effect.  Should be a decent machinist locally who could make one for you.  Nice collection of rifles.  Welcome to retroland where old is new and new is old.
View Quote

aah okey, i was sure that they make more inches to end.

A2 1/2"-28 Thread, this is Ar thread, right ?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/484423/schuster-extended-a2-flash-hider-1-2-28-thread-ar-15-matte

i think that will be fit for my ?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A2 1/2"-28 Thread, this is Ar thread, right ?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/484423/schuster-extended-a2-flash-hider-1-2-28-thread-ar-15-matte

i think that will be fit for my ?
View Quote

Correct. That will thread onto your barrel and give you a little extra length. I'm not sure how much though.

What brand AK variant is that btw? I'd love to get my hands on one of your Valmets!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:06:57 AM EDT
[#8]
That is Arsenal 7.62x39

Yeah those valmets and Sakos are hard to get nowdays, and if u get one, there is hard to get spare parts..

But those are best Ak family rifles what i've seen.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks more like a 14.5" M4.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=7

Hmm there is sayd like this

A chrome lined 11.5" barrel with 5.5" Flash Suppressor permanently attached (pinned and welded over) for a total length of 16" - making it legal for use on semi-auto rifles.  

Its seems like same flash hider what i ment.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A chrome lined 11.5" barrel with 5.5" Flash Suppressor permanently attached (pinned and welded over) for a total length of 16" - making it legal for use on semi-auto rifles.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something like this? 5.5" Flash Hider

That should add the length you need.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Just from eyeballing it through a picture that barrel actually looks like a NFA 14.5in M4 profile. Would be interesting to get the details if I'm right.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top