User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2013 6:36:32 AM EDT
Look what I found, no I'm not going to bid , I'm broke

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=372035116
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I could be wrong, but isn't that barrel technically a DD all by itself?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn! That's not cheap
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could be wrong, but isn't that barrel technically a DD all by itself?
View Quote

Morg, I believe you can have the barrel by itself, or the receiver by its self, but not both without paperwork.  The likelihood of having/finding an xm148 receiver is somewhere just south of nil.   I have been gatthering pics and info though, along with a nutter retrohead, to see what we can come up with.
There was an xm148 sight, along with it's carrying case on GB the other night. It sold for 195 dollars.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen complete barrel assemblies recently. I didn't ask how much they were going for. Wish I had, then I'd know if this was worth bidding on.

I'm getting together some reference to start plotting out receiver dimensions. If I knew for certain which organization was holding onto the blue prints, if they're available, it could be a much simpler task.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top