Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2013 2:11:20 PM EDT
Does anyone manufacture a direct copy of the Colt CAR-15?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that I'm aware. Everyone has pretty much geared up to heavy barrel or M4 style carbines.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone manufacture a direct copy of the Colt CAR-15?
View Quote

You have to be a little more specific since CAR-15 could come in different flavors.

EDITED WRONG PICTURE

Both of these are CAR-15s.

Someone else has another picture of more of the Colt product line with multiple CAR's.

Build one! (or two or three)

I can't find the picture I'm thinking of and the NyQuil is kicking in so......
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Fellows.  I had a mid- 70's Colt CAR-15. Nice handling little rifle. Nothing fancy at all. Real simalar to the COlt XM-177.  Had a very small diameter barrel I geuss refered to as a "pencil" barrel. Dont recall the twist. No Forward Assist. A-1 type rear sight. Round HG.

Are new parts available to build a "repo" of that rifle or would I just end up with a m4?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]

You could put one together out of the EE and with a lower from NDS.

Thats a NoDak lower, colt surplus upper, b/c, handguards, and JT 1/9 barrel. I love that little carbine
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could put one together out of the EE and with a lower from NDS.

Thats a NoDak lower, colt surplus upper, b/c, handguards, and JT 1/9 barrel. I love that little carbine
View Quote

+1 - I built something like that using a Nodak Spud (NDS) lower, slick side M16 (not A1) style upper and a Daniel Defense lightweight 14.5" barrel with a long A1 style bird cage flash suppressor from Sabre Defense pinned on to bring the barrel over 16" (no SBRs here in WA ) and CAR handguards.  It's a handy little carbine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one too.

An SP1 upper on a Stag A2 lower with a Bushmaster 1/9 pencil barrel. Light weight, handy and "if-I-can-see-itI-can-hit-it" accurate. It's a whole lot of fun. Although I'm thinking I'll rebuild it with NDS receivers when they get caught up again.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt no longer makes them retro, but go to Gunbroker and simply search for SP1 CARBINE.  You might find what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Fellows. I'll do some looking. I see ND is mostly sold out of everything.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt no longer makes them retro, but go to Gunbroker and simply search for SP1 CARBINE.  You might find what you're looking for.
View Quote

It'd be nice if Colt did start making retro again but with it being a niche market it probably wouldn't be profitable for them. Plus half the fun of RBRD is the hunt!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top