Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice work...what profile is the barrel? It looks beefy (but that might just be me). Have you had her out on the range yet?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice work...what profile is the barrel? It looks beefy (but that might just be me). Have you had her out on the range yet?
View Quote

Yeah, looks like a .750 sight base, doesn't it.  Looking good though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Look good, nice work. Who's A2 lower did you use?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I like builds like this.  It may not be "correct" in all of the details, but it captures the retro style very well.  I've always liked the look of a three-prong.
The barrel may add a little weight, but as far as appearance goes, that offends me less than, say, an A2 grip would have!

Be sure and post a range report when you get the chance!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Well done.  Nice the stenciled "60" was retained.  I'd have left the tape "499" on there as well, but it ain't my rifle and I'm not criticizing the man for removing it.  Certainly the tape would get ragged on a using rifle, sooner instead of later.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wait, the barrel will bother you not being correct, you will get a different lower to match the upper. then you have extra parts for another build.

Next thing you know you have parts for 10 builds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:35:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes please don't think I was criticizing the barrel I just couldn't quite tell in the pics! Either way it's a nice looking rifle and should be a great shooter!
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the sickness bubba!

It's terminal. There is no known cure. Only expensive treatment available on the EE and Gun Broker.

Nice looking pea shooter. Hang with us and it will be the first of many!
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]
No offense taken, I have all the original barrel parts for when I get the pencil profile  I just couldn't wait that long! correct lower will be harder I have never seen one for sale.
I started building AKs now that AR parts have come down to even with AK kits I have started building these and it is becoming a problem

Now I need some funky brown furniture and a slab sided upper
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No offense taken, I have all the original barrel parts for when I get the pencil profile  I just couldn't wait that long! correct lower will be harder I have never seen one for sale.
I started building AKs now that AR parts have come down to even with AK kits I have started building these and it is becoming a problem

Now I need some funky brown furniture and a slab sided upper
View Quote

If you've been into AK kits, you might be familiar with our friends at NoDak Spud. They make really nice correct AR lowers in addition to great AK parts.

http://www.nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
If you have interest in finishing an 80% lower, Braceman reprofiles a A2 casting and can apply any engraving you want on it. John Thomas does a great job on the anodizing when Braceman is done. You can't go wrong with either lower it's just a matter of preference.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Kindof looks like a 606 to me!  Nicely done!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kindof looks like a 606 to me!  Nicely done!
View Quote

I just found one to look at what would the differences be other than the lower? Appears a 606 is the heavy barrel contour on an A1. What am I missing?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top