Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2013 7:41:50 AM EDT
I don't know if these count as "retro", but Gun Parts/Numrich appears to have NOS/New Production stripped C7 uppers in stock, at $159.95  here  . I ordered one yesterday, to see what they look like (and for an Israeli carbine build). I'll let folks know and try and post pics once it gets here, if folks want.
Stock photo from their site, dunno if it's representative or not:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/pub/ProductImage/555810.jpg
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I would expect that those are modern Anchor Harvey forgings, machined by LAR, and as used by DPMS and Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The description says made by Bushmaster.

Paladin
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs a Devtek.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would expect that those are modern Anchor Harvey forgings, machined by LAR, and as used by DPMS and Bushmaster.
View Quote

It certainly looks like the one I recently got from DPMS.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The C7 showed up today, and is going back tomorrow: the charging handle cut at the rear is out of spec, about 1.5mm too low, the receiver won't close if the charging handle is forward, and if you close it with the charging handle pulled back, the charging handle binds up when moved forward. Tried it on four different lowers with three different charging handles.
For what it's worth it's brand new, no forge-marks that I can find on it anywhere, black anodized. We'll see what customer support  has to say. I intend to ask for a replacement, hopefully that one will be in-spec.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Sadly, during the recent craziness, some manufacturers were turning out whatever crap they could just to get product out the door. With AR parts and rifles quality control, it's going to be caveat emptor now more than ever.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Wonder if this is the same upper.
Charging handle has the same "N" mark.
M-4 feed ramps..
This came off a newish Freedom Group Bushmaster I acquired the upper off of.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top