Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2013 8:57:29 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone has tried one of these?  How does it compare to bricks or bracemans versions?

Thanks

Link
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the ones Bushmaster had, before being sold to the "hound of hell" investment group
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just received one from Primary Industries today.  Not sure I like it.  It is bored out on the inside, though I don't know that the original wasn't.  I could get past that; however, there are no wrench flats on the threaded end.  I can clearly see, in photos on Retro Black Rifle, that the original has wrench flats.  

I may see if that could be milled in, or I may sell it and try to get one of Bricks'.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of those, and it's a POS.  even one of the old BMs is much better...
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of those, and it's a POS.  even one of the old BMs is much better...
View Quote

I have an old BM, TS, and Bricks.

The BM is fine, as are the others,
but I have no experience with PI's.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I can say that Brick's flash hiders were pretty damn nice. My NFA moderators were also pretty damn nice too. That flash hider looked like the Bushmaster one, only worse. I started using BM flash hiders and cutting wrench flats on them. That wasn't good enough. So I started developing a flash hider, AKA non NFA moderator, based upon the Colt print.   Some people would say, the real deal wasn't hollow. True, it wasn't. But you need to choose. Are you going to make a flash hider that is mostly solid steel with a narrow bore down the middle? Its just not necsacery unless your really making an NFA moderator. The design I decided upon had an internal flange to retain a captive blank firing adapter desired by a shop in TX associated with a bunch of Vietnam re-enactors. Speaking of which he was also the first customer for the TSI 607 buttstock! Thanks Trey.   Anyway, lots of requests for alternate designs and such, but from a production standpoint you really need to choose one design and run with it. Unless you are overun with requests for change. Oh well, I geuss I will get off my high horse now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 1:59:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can say that Brick's flash hiders were pretty damn nice. My NFA moderators were also pretty damn nice too. That flash hider looked like the Bushmaster one, only worse. I started using BM flash hiders and cutting wrench flats on them. That wasn't good enough. So I started developing a flash hider, AKA non NFA moderator, based upon the Colt print.   Some people would say, the real deal wasn't hollow. True, it wasn't. But you need to choose. Are you going to make a flash hider that is mostly solid steel with a narrow bore down the middle? Its just not necsacery unless your really making an NFA moderator. The design I decided upon had an internal flange to retain a captive blank firing adapter desired by a shop in TX associated with a bunch of Vietnam re-enactors. Speaking of which he was also the first customer for the TSI 607 buttstock! Thanks Trey.   Anyway, lots of requests for alternate designs and such, but from a production standpoint you really need to choose one design and run with it. Unless you are overun with requests for change. Oh well, I geuss I will get off my high horse now.
View Quote

Get off your horse, and saddle up to your machinery
and make those perfect faux moderators again Tom....!!!

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks less authentic that the Bushamster one, and a lot more expensive.  The Bushmaster ones were $15.99
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tom,

I bought one of your reproduction moderators and a grenade launching ring years ago. I think yours was among the top 2 ever offered to the public.

It's still on my SBR and that's where it will stay.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Brick has a run that have just been machined.  He will list them on GB once they have been blasted and parked.

I should have waited, man.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#10]
That's good to know.  I emailed him a few months ago and got on his waiting list.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top