Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:45:47 PM EDT
Ive been wanting one for some time, cant find one locally though. However I do have some parts for a "dummy" gun.
The barrel would be a tip and rear section from a demil, held together with a .22 diamter steel rod welded in the bore. The upper would be crushed demil. The stock would be a cracked one with a "bent" buffer tube.
The upper is crushed right beneath the port door..If I can get it straightened out. I might could have a dummy gun with a moving bolt carrier..  Ive got a partly "blown up" carrier to stick in there.

Im just lacking the lower. An 80% lower?  Is there something more in line with what Im wanting to to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Some kind of incomplete blem lower, might be tough to find one though.  An NDS wouldn't  need to be reprofiled, a slabside rubber duck would be cool.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ive been wanting one for some time, cant find one locally though. However I do have some parts for a "dummy" gun.
The barrel would be a tip and rear section from a demil, held together with a .22 diamter steel rod welded in the bore. The upper would be crushed demil. The stock would be a cracked one with a "bent" buffer tube.
The upper is crushed right beneath the port door..If I can get it straightened out. I might could have a dummy gun with a moving bolt carrier..  Ive got a partly "blown up" carrier to stick in there.

Im just lacking the lower. An 80% lower?  Is there something more in line with what Im wanting to to.

Maybe an Airsoft lower could be adapted to work.

John Thomas

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I also vote airsoft lower, but I have the magwell portion of a snapped in half lower if you think you could use it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
An 80% lower would work but would need extra milling for the rear take down boss. It would then be above 80% and considered a weapon.

May not want the kids getting caught playing with it.

A 0% lower would be a lot of work but just enough machining to get the weapon together it would still be a paper weight.

Airsoft is looking better.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
An 80% lower would work but would need extra milling for the rear take down boss. It would then be above 80% and considered a weapon.

Colfax Tactical sells 80% lowers with the rear pocket for the boss milled out already.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colfax Tactical sells 80% lowers with the rear pocket for the boss milled out already.

Thats just what I need.. time to start saving my dimes
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top