Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2012 7:09:10 PM EDT
I ran into a European guy who had a deactivated Colt 601.  He did not like the wheathered green handguards
so he had purchased a random black set locally for about $150.  He would have sold the worn green handguards
cheap had there not been an intervention.  The moral of the story is...

There is retro junk overseas and occasionally it is undervalued.  Getting it home can be an interesting
experience.  It would not be wise to give guidance on when an import permit is needed as there is all kinds
of ATF mumbo jumbo attempting to explain that.  The surprising thing is that some countries require an export-
import permit even for pins, springs, and screws if their intended or former use has anything to do with firearms.  
If the foriegn seller requires an export permit there is a good chance he will ask for your import permit.  The good
news is that these permits are issued free-of-charge and the last one I applied for arrived in less than 3 weeks.

Here is what mine looked like.  Ok, so the details have been removed but you get the picture.  Notice that the
kind ATF guy made a hand correction on the permit perfering the phrase ".308 caliber" to my abbreviated "308"

The ATF stamped the following message on the back of the first page.

The loot is listed on the final page of the permit.  The best part about dealing with Europenas is that they tend to
like to trade.  Colt scopes, for instance, are worth twice as much over there.  So what price to put on the form
in the case of a trade?

The junk was delivered to my house just like any other package.  No taxes, no more paperwork.  

The AR10'er included a complete set of the forms that L.T.Carabillo (the publisher) used when he ordered a
few AR10 kits.  I have these posted at the following links.
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2lvbubk.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/35n0opv.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/fa9de0.jpg
Link Posted: 6/15/2012 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets see the junk...
Link Posted: 6/15/2012 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I am missing one more part for the rifle and will show the junk after that part is home.
Link Posted: 6/15/2012 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, why arnt there pics of the green junk.
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know you could buy ANY Retro AR10 parts for US$20.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top