Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:53:27 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have recently assembled a Gunthings kit on a Nodak lower. Everything went together easily and it functions like a champ. I did mod the FA hammer per instructions found here (hood ground off). I was cleaning earlier and noticed some peening starting to show on the carrier there is matching wear on the hammer face as well. This is happening on the tailing edge of the carrier where the hammer strikes the firing pin. There is a matching imprint on the face/sides of the hammer.  Is this any cause for concern? I have about 400 rounds through it. I see that the carrier is constructed slightly different than any of my other more civilian ar15s so I don't have a direct point of refrence.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Carl
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/cnkasper/1321847786.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/cnkasper/1321847785.jpg
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if I'm missing something but that looks normal to me. How does the bottom of the carrier feel when you rub your finger over it?
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It definitely has a burr. Neither of the pics do this a great deal of justice. It's two raised places on the carrier and also on the edges of the hammer where the white is starting to show through. I understand that there has to be contact here but it's not a smooth mating.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top