Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2011 5:30:58 PM EDT
I only had enough light to zero it and shoot a string of 10 for the final target. I fired this string consecutively with a breath between shots. Target was shot at 100 yards w/irons from a sand bag.
Barrel is a 1X9 chrome lined Bushmaster (light under the handguard) with a pinned F/H to make it 16" from KKF.

Bolt and carrier are from a Colt M16.

Ammo is American Eagle XM 193

It only looks like 9, but one hole is a tad bigger (lower left), so I'm saying I got two through the same hole.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
With the short carbine sight radius, iron sights and failing light...there's nothing wrong with that group!
What's the lower, and whose fire control group are you using?  How's the trigger?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That's great for 100 yards! Good shootin'
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Not too bad!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice shootin!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Stag FGC and a heavy spring set in it. The Stag FCG has no creep to speak of, just really heavy with the springs. I don't know who the springs are from. Some how I've ended up with 5 or 6 sets, so I just grabbed a set when I was assembling it.
I was really surprised at the group myself with the fuzzy sight picture my eyes produce now. I can focus on the rear, front or the target, but not all three at once like when I was younger. I grew up shooing irons, and really prefer them.
My sandbag was settling pretty bad in this string. I think that may have contributed to the lateral stringing, or maybe the fact that I have to jump up and down on the trigger to make it go bang!
Either way, I'm very pleased with it!
Thanks to all of you guys for the information on this build!

ETA: Forgot to add the lower is one of the Palmetto $64 jobs they had on sale.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's great for 100 yards! Good shootin'

I agree!

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the range report!  Good shooting!  My goal is always to zero my rifles at 50 yards and be able to kill a man sized target out to a couple hundred yards.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:34:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice build, nice shooting.  Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top