Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:27:24 AM EDT
But it appears the m16 parts kits have dried up in the last few years

I dont even know whats available anymore. Used to be actual colt m16 parts kits with chromed colt barrels. Just add receiver and lower kit and youre done. Doesnt appear to be the case anymore

I think I was originally wanting t go the route of an early xm16e1 with a duck bill flash hider. I just like that flash hider and the retro furniture is cool
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Sarco has kits available, not sure if gunthings still has any. they don't contain the original barrels, but the profile of the replacements are correct. Not chrome lined either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Why build, just buy.  Blain's Guns in Allen Kentucky has a 1970 ish AR sitting on the rack for sale.  Triangle forearm....A1 sights, etc.  $800.00 I think....maybe a little more...?  Looks like it came from a movie....or has been sitting in someone's safe a long time.  May even be a Colt.
  Call them and see if it is still there.  Was a week ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why build, just buy.  Blain's Guns in Allen Kentucky has a 1970 ish AR sitting on the rack for sale.  Triangle forearm....A1 sights, etc.  $800.00 I think....maybe a little more...?  Looks like it came from a movie....or has been sitting in someone's safe a long time.  May even be a Colt.
  Call them and see if it is still there.  Was a week ago.

There's really no fun in buying a complete retro rifle. I had a blast finding the parts for my first one, and I'm having even more fun finding the parts for my second. Also, you may be able to come out cheaper by building.

Oh, yeah, be sure to post them pictures when you're done!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sarco has kits available, not sure if gunthings still has any. they don't contain the original barrels, but the profile of the replacements are correct. Not chrome lined either.

Yeah I think thats the one that was selling the parts kits I mentioned before. I thought they ran out? Unless they got some more
They did offer the complete colt upper with barrel at one time though
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.gunthings.com/ has like new A1 kits that come with the barrel parked and the FSB pinned on for $599. The other kits come with a barrel in the white and you have to pin the FSB on for not much less than gunthings and Brad is a 1st class guy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.gunthings.com/ has like new A1 kits that come with the barrel parked and the FSB pinned on for $599. The other kits come with a barrel in the white and you have to pin the FSB on for not much less than gunthings and Brad is a 1st class guy.

AAA+++ this!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That does look like a good deal for having the barrel pined and finished and is the only one I saw with a colt mag. And only for $100 more to

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top