Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 3:48:33 PM EDT
Folks,

Just received my M16A1 kit and tried to put the front sight on the "in the white" barrel that was supplied; it seems amazingly tight. I don't want to force it, but it is significantly tighter than any other FSB barrel tolerances I have ever come across. Is this common??

Any suggestions??

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've hear,yes,most seem tight.With mine,I just took some emory cloth and rubbed down the barrel where the FSB sits.Don't go crazy as you don't want the FSB loose either.I used medium grit,rolled it around the barrel,a couple of twists,checked the FSB,did it again,perfect.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Great! Many thanks, will work on it this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Be sure to post pictures.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've found the same thing on occasion. Just "shoeshine" the FSB area with some emery paper until it's a nice sliding fit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've found the same thing on occasion. Just "shoeshine" the FSB area with some emery paper until it's a nice sliding fit.

That is what I did with mine. emery cloth, and a quick blast, park, and it fit really nice.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top