Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/2/2010 11:21:27 AM EDT
An Original early 60's Delft (ArmaLite marked) or American made early Colt  (Both are original NIB unmounted )
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I would go Delft as they are harder to find,be sure it's the correct model for the AR15/M16 and not for the AR10.If you go for the USA made Colt,please turn me on to the Delft as I have the USA made one already.
You may want to review the RBR scope section :http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/index.html as Now I have to wonder if the AR15/M16 Delft would be marked Armalite.If the one you'r looking at has Armalite marked on it,that one just might be for the AR10
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would go Delft as they are harder to find,be sure it's the correct model for the AR15/M16 and not for the AR10.If you go for the USA made Colt,please turn me on to the Delft as I have the USA made one already.
You may want to review the RBR scope section :http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/index.html as Now I have to wonder if the AR15/M16 Delft would be marked Armalite.If the one you'r looking at has Armalite marked on it,that one just might be for the AR10

+1

and let me know if you do choose the Delft as I'm looking for an early US made Colt 3x...mine's a later Japanese made unit
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm just picking your Brains not making a heads up on a find .
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm just picking your Brains not making a heads up on a find .

YOU ARE EVIL!!!!   EVIL, I SAY!!!!  

Obviously, I'd buy the Delft.  Even for a stupid price.  
It's just the way I am.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Never ever heard of any Delft scope being marked ArmaLite.  Anyone have any photos?

I would take the Delft if it were for the AR10.

Except for the elusive ArmaLite marked Delft, there seem to be three Delft types
1. Colt 601 type (3x25 ), mounted via scope rings
2. First style Sudanese AR10 (3x25), mounted via threaded hole in bottom
3. Second style Portuguese AR10 (3.6x25), mounted springy thingy on bottom

So, how about that photo.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Never ever heard of any Delft scope being marked ArmaLite.  Anyone have any photos?

I would take the Delft if it were for the AR10.

Except for the elusive ArmaLite marked Delft, there seem to be three Delft types
1. Colt 601 type (3x25 ), mounted via scope rings
2. First style Sudanese AR10 (3x25), mounted via threaded hole in bottom
3. Second style Portuguese AR10 (3.6x25), mounted springy thingy on bottom

So, how about that photo.

I didn't notice he said Armalite marked...I assumed he just meant one "for" an Armalite.
No, I don't believe there were any actually marked Armalite––at least none that I've seen photographed.

Personally, though, I'd take any of the variants. The 601 model for my 601, the Portuguese model for my Port, and the Sudanese model for...well, I'd build something around it!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top