Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2010 10:44:20 AM EDT
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=160063558   I just received a very nice mottled 3/4 brown grip from this guy. I e-mailed him from Gunbroker for his phone # and called to see what he had. I told him I wanted a heavy mottled grip and thats exactly what I got. Very nice, little to no wear on the diamonds,no cracks or scrapes. In his ad he makes them out to be junk, mine wasn't. For $11.00 total, you can't beat it. If I violated some rule about posting this, please remove.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=160063558

Looks like a good deal.  I've bought stuff from him before, he's gtg.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
what caused the mottled effect again??
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
what caused the mottled effect again??

Dye failure
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The early fibreglass used was a brown color,,when they added the black dye to it,the original dye did not work so well,,hence the brown shows thru..As it gets worn,that also can meke the brown start to show as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a few from him.  He is in FL.

Out of about 140 units, he is down to 80 units left.

He said he wasn't sure what was happening, but they were flying out of there today.

Power of the forum.

He also has some old leapers carry handle mount scopes for 45 bucks and colt BCGs complete as well as complete colt uppers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just ordered a few from him.  He is in FL.

Out of about 140 units, he is down to 80 units left.

He said he wasn't sure what was happening, but they were flying out of there today.

Power of the forum.

He also has some old leapers carry handle mount scopes for 45 bucks and colt BCGs complete as well as complete colt uppers.

That's hilarious.  He's probably saying WTF is going on.  I just bought one to add to the hysteria.

Couple years ago a gal in Denver had them 3 for $12 + $3 SH.  She sold out in a month.

Anyway the seller in FL is GTG, bought some carriers from him before.  They were very nice late 604 era.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been pointing guys to that seller for awhile now....

that's where I got most of these

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I warned him how pleased I was and that I would spread the word. Damn, I should have hit him up for a percentage of his sales. Mine looks like a cross between the 3rd & 5th one in your photo. I just hope everyone else's looks as good as mine. It's a shame he had no green ones. That was my first question when I called him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#9]
It's always good to have some spares for making a cutdown 607-608 grip or for a front VFG.  It's bound to happen,  someday even the A1 grips will dry up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's always good to have some spares for making a cutdown 607-608 grip or for a front VFG.  It's bound to happen,  someday even the A1 grips will dry up.

isn't that the only use for the A2 grip that comes with a LPK?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

isn't that the only use for the A2 grip that comes with a LPK?

I thought about doing that for my 607, but it just didn't match that well.    I cut a mottled A1 grip back in the day when they were plentiful and cheap. Looks like the real deal.
I'm pretty lousy with a grinding wheel anyway.
I've been giving away A2 grips when people buy parts from me.  Only way to get rid of the darn things.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#12]
You know, I have been cutting my a1 grips to put on my 607.  I have got it down as far as matching the length and the mods to checkering to make it look issued.

Anyone have any close up detailed pics of a real cut down 607 grip and the checkering mods.

I had to re-do my current mottled cut down grip a few times to get the checkering to look original to match.  But it gets shorter each time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:That's hilarious.  He's probably saying WTF is going on.  I just bought one to add to the hysteria.

Couple years ago a gal in Denver had them 3 for $12 + $3 SH.  She sold out in a month.

Anyway the seller in FL is GTG, bought some carriers from him before.  They were very nice late 604 era.

Just picked up a couple this morning! Mentioned in my e-mail that the Retro forum on AR15.com was his biggest promoter!

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top