Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2010 8:33:28 AM EDT
Since retro parts are in such high demand these days, and since there seems to be a "Head-up" thread at least once a day, should we?  Naturally, the sticky will be restricted to "heads-up" posts only so as not to clutter the findings, and this would also make it possible to keep track of past threads for pricing purposes.  What say ye?
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm usually one to stay away from politics and controversy, but I have to say I'm not a fan of all the heads up posts that have become common in the past year.  This is a technical forum, and while I didn't used to mind the ocasional heads up post, I find the large number of them we're currently experiencing distracting and feel that they detract from the discussion.  That's not to say I don't post them too. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No.

+1
There have been better threads that should have been stickied IMHO that weren't.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the best answer is to have a "RETRO" section in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think the best answer is to have a "RETRO" section in the EE.

+1

I know its like beating a dead horse, though...
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, we've been through that a few times.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There have been better threads that should have been stickied IMHO that weren't.

I would agree with that assessment as well.  Alright, let's let this one die then; didn't know this has been covered before.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#8]
That's why Tex set up the heads up over on the RBR classified ...
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

+1

+1 to both of these answers
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe they could be confined to RBR.com?
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm usually one to stay away from politics and controversy, but I have to say I'm not a fan of all the heads up posts that have become common in the past year.  This is a technical forum, and while I didn't used to mind the ocasional heads up post, I find the large number of them we're currently experiencing distracting and feel that they detract from the discussion.  That's not to say I don't post them too. Just my .02.

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's why Tex set up the heads up over on the RBR classified ...

This
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm usually one to stay away from politics and controversy, but I have to say I'm not a fan of all the heads up posts that have become common in the past year.  This is a technical forum, and while I didn't used to mind the occasional heads up post, I find the large number of them we're currently experiencing distracting and feel that they detract from the discussion.

This is what I meant to address.  I thought a sticky would be a good way to keep everybody informed on retro parts without having a swarm of "For sale, not mine," threads in place of tech.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
A sticky on changes of ORDER policy by NDS ?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top