Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:17:22 AM EDT
I am building a Retro M16A1. I have the NDS lower and all lower parts plus the stock. Just need a nice Upper. Let me know if you know of a source.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep your eyes peeled on the EE and GB,they pop up all the time.Some are complete uppers,others are stripped.
Here is an upper only,kinda ruff but low start price.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=140241299
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
NDS makes new ones.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NDS makes new ones.

+1.  It'll look better than probably any used upper you'll find, and match the color of your lower as well.  Not to mention, if there is a issue with it, you can send it back and NDS will take care of you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Sarco used to carry them but I haven't seen any in their ads for a while.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Mebbe they will..."found these uppers lost in a box - on a shelf - in the back of a warehouse for years - and we're now offering them for sale...after we dust them off."

I love reading Sarco ads and would really enjoy poking around their warehouse sometime.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea +1 sarco.I've been there quite a few times and after being told "no" we don't have ?? I have found ??? in obscure spots in the store and warehouse..Real hit or miss,,but I've always been happy....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yea +1 sarco.I've been there quite a few times and after being told "no" we don't have ?? I have found ??? in obscure spots in the store and warehouse..Real hit or miss,,but I've always been happy....

Did Dangerous Dave work there or am I thinking of The Olde Western Scrounger?
He was a piece of work.  He about blew a gasket when I asked him about reloading berdan primed 6.5x55 swede brass.  
That was many, many moons ago.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Machine Gun Dave is there,don't know if it's the same guy.And I try to deal with him only.I've gone in with trade items and he generally does not try to beat me up on prices.I have always come home with the item(s) I wanted and felt I was treated very fairly.. Yes I research current parts values before I go in so I know what I want to get for them.A couple of times I was surprised,I walked out with the item I wanted and cash in hand as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Gunnys Surpus
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anybody actually received anything from Gunny's recently?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes , I finally recieved my M16A1 upper after a month of placing my order. The upper reciever was refinished and the rear of the handle had  a armory number stamped on it. The finish doesn't match that of the barrel,  the upper reciever is of a grey color and the barrel is black, but that's ok with me. I took it to the range a couple of days ago to sight it in at 100 and 200 yards, it was right on the money with the first round and all shots thereafter. I must say that it hit what I was aiming at. I am happy with the upper I recieved.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

SARCO has new A1 uppers, assembled and stripped, BUT they are C7 variety.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Auction Arms #9107907  Complete 604 uppers! I have gotten a couple from them already. Nice people.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top