Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2009 2:32:16 PM EDT
Ok,I've seen pistol grips and buttstocks that are mottled.Were there mottled handguards too?? Please post pics if you have any.Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen early, no drain hole mottled handguards. Yet the stocks and pistol grips from the same time line are mottled. This leads me to believe there were not mottled handguards.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Sling look familiar Rob? Sorry about the reflection, there's other things I'm good at. Honest!

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen a LOT of handguards, at least several hundred sets including a lto fo non drainhole sets, and I have never seen a set that look anywhere near as mottled as a grip or buttstock.  and i have a pretty good idea why you are asking. ;)

Markrsims posted up above the most mottled set I have seen.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Coolest part is the original rack numbering underneath. They were probably issued together from day 1 and stayed that way all through service.
They're no-drainhole handguards I got on a 604 barreled upper off the EE a couple years ago.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The closest I have ever seen to mottled HGs is a set of shiny ones I have on my XM16E1. Although I think it is just the fiberglass weave showing through.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]

This.

Quoted:

The closest I have ever seen to mottled HGs is a set of shiny ones I have on my XM16E1. Although I think it is just the fiberglass weave showing through.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sling look familiar Rob? Sorry about the reflection, there's other things I'm good at. Honest!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/markrsims/100_1041.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/markrsims/100_1042.jpg

Thanks Mark,, Those look great,,,I guess now I'm on a mission to find a set..And Dawg,,yes you got it,,,they would look nice with my most recent purchase!!!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a set they want to trade for a nice shiny black set of no drainholes??
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top