Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:22:30 PM EDT
I am new to AR's, and am trying to build a A1 retro. I want to use a A1 triangle handguard. I can find several sources for them, but I understand that they usea different mounting hardware than the A2. Where can you get the A1 hardware for the handguard?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am new to AR's, and am trying to build a A1 retro. I want to use a A1 triangle handguard. I can find several sources for them, but I understand that they usea different mounting hardware than the A2. Where can you get the A1 hardware for the handguard?

all you need to mount triangular handguards is a triangular handguard cap and a slip ring.

ETA: most rifles are already equipped to use either round or triangular handguards
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Every rifle (not Carbine) I have ever seen used a triangle front cap, & on the other end, either the Delta ring (tapered) or the flat slip ring will do the job for your triangle HGs.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top