Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:31:59 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I just came into a Colt SP1 that has absolutely been butchered, I figure the only salvagable part is the lower.  I'd like to mate the lower with a small pin upper and build a CAR clone. Is this possible? If so, where can I find the adapters?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a few on gunbroker.Just type in sp1 parts or m16 parts for the search.I'll try to find and post the link when I get a chance. Found it,,, Start here and see sellers other items if this one is not what you need..  Good luck..  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128034996   I'd be interested in the parts you think are unsalvageable,please let me know what they are.. and email Thanks,Rob.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Post pics !

I got mine from Bushmaster. Not saying that's the best place. I would be interested i any of your old parts for inert classroom trainers that I build.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is another source for both types of adapters and they are in stock.  You need the first one, but I put them both for reference:

Large Hole Lower to Small Hole Upper Off Set Pin

Small Hole Lower to Large Hole Upper Bushing
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Midway has them listed for $2.99 - but they are out of stock

DPMS Offset Pivot Pin Adapter Bushing .315" to .250" Diameter AR-15 Matte
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

where can I find the adapters?

I have one of these that you can have, n/c.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/58/58225/offpin.jpg

If interested - IM me.

thanks for the offer but I just placed an order with brownells for the adapter.

As far as pictures go, I'll get them up tonight.

When it came to me someone had rigged the upper to the lower with a long "ace hardware" special bolt/nut. they also chopped the barrel and put one of those stupid XM-117E2 flash supressors on it & changed out the gas system for a carbine gas system.

Utter abomination IMO.

ETA: if any of you folks want the complete large pin upper with the XM flash supressor I'd swap it for a complete A1 upper.  Will likely be listing the XM style upper in the EE when I get my pin adapter.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/58/58225/offpin.jpg

If interested - IM me.

IM sent
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top