Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2009 3:14:28 PM EDT
I am once again trying to find a semi auto selector with no indicator notch on the right side.

I remember a few years ago a couple of places supposedly offered these (and not intentionally for retro purposes).

I have checked around with Olympic among others, but it seems perhaps even if they do occasionally sell them they aren't aware of it.

Anybody know who still makes them this way? I sent mine along with my barrel to KKF for refinishing, so I want to find replacements so I can get my carbine back up and running in the event that the originals are a loss.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
colt?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
my post ban colt 6700 is cherry on the right side. of course its black.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
All the ones I've gotten from Model1Sales don't have the mark on the right side.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on Model 1 sales.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Sarco -they were $9.95. No tick, and the 3rd detent so you could shift to "full auto". Just a plain AR15 selector with an extra hole.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sarco -they were $9.95. No tick, and the 3rd detent so you could shift to "full auto". Just a plain AR15 selector with an extra hole.

anjong-ni,

The Sarco selector that you described sounds ideal.  When I looked at their most recent ad for AR parts, I saw three different selectors:

AR098 AR15 Altered Safety........................................$10.95
AR096 M16 Saftey/Selector..........................................$9.50
AR097 M16 Safety (Colt Original, used).....................$13.50

http://www.sarcoinc.com/4-10-09%20A.pdf

Is the "AR15 Altered Safety" the one that you have in mind?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi, yes, the "altered selector" is the fun one. Plain old AR15 selector with extra detent and no tic. Amaze your friends! Also, "Heat n beat"  has the selectors in stock, no tic and "divot" holes on both ends. Really nice. About $20.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for your help, anjong-ni

I will probably go with the Sarco version because Heat n Beat's product is dimpled which would not be correct for my project.

If my past experiences with Sarco are any prediction of this upcoming transaction, I know that I have to get my nerve up and set my expectations low before calling them.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top