Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:57:59 PM EDT
Hey guys, i just want to say first of all, thanks for all the help you have already given me, and putting up with my stupid questions! have
NOW
, all i need is a Bolt and Carrier. I have searched around, But i would like to know from you experienced gentlemen, where i can find the BEST (Cheapest hat
Once again, thanks, you guys know your stuff!
Ethan.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Essential arms is showing $110 for there BCG.  I've noticed that the average price of BCG is $120-$130.  Check out Bravo company and get a LMT, BCM, or, CMT and order a couple of mags as you will need them I recommend Magpul PMags.  Order it all together and save on shipping.  Welcome to the addiction.

BCG=Bolt carrier group
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The Bravo Co. BCG(MPI)- Auto is the best out there for the money. Check the specs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
afe7ret, i See you said the "Auto" one is the best. I can use an auto one in a semi gun? or should i get the "Semi" bolt?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, according to a friend that works in Tech Branch it is legal to use an auto bolt in a semi auto AR15 despite what you read on the internet.  I discussed that very topic with him at length at the last Knob Creek shoot.  If you ever have any questions about this write or call Tech Branch they are not the boogiemen they are made out to be and they will be glad to help you with the question.  In cases such as this it is much better to get your information from the source not from a website.

Where people get in trouble is using an auto selector which will sometimes allow in some ARs hammer follow letting the firearm fire more than once per trigger pull.  Not always but sometimes and all you need is for it to do it once in front of the wrong people to get in trouble.  That is why I may have full auto bolt carriers in my ARs but I never put an auto selector in one.

In the end it is your choice and you should follow with which ever type carrier makes you feel the most comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hm, interesting, it makes me wonder though, if there is any difference in performance between them then (Auto/Semi BCG), It would make me assume (with the little knowledge i have) that the fully auto BCG's would be made "Tougher"? i may just go with one, heck there the same price,
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I see no difference in performance with either in a semi auto.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
The auto BCG is the only one Bravo Co. (BCM) makes. Perfectly legal. Colt uses auto carriers in their civilian rifles.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok thanks guys, i ended up ordering an LMT Auto bolt from Global Tactical Supply. 5 bucks more than Bravo Company, but they were out of stock. But i did save money on their Charging handle so all in all it would have cost the same.. man i Cant wait for all the parts to get here!

You all have been a HUGE help!
Ethan
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top