Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:02:22 PM EDT
i'm hoping someone here can help me identify an upper receiver i picked up. first it is a slabside receiver. second it has no markings under the rear sight. the only markings i can find are  a small square with a c in it. there is also a small triangle with a small marking inside it i can't make out. these are located at the front of the rec near the threads where where the rifle is assembled.   thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a Colt receiver. If the hole on the front lug is larger than the rear, its a commercial upper. If they're the same size, its GI surplus.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Its a Colt receiver. If the hole on the front lug is larger than the rear, its a commercial upper. If they're the same size, its GI surplus.

+1

If it is GI surplus, and it has no arrow and "R" beside the rear sight dial, it is a 601.  If it has an arrow and "R" that are engraved (recessed), it is a 602.  If it has an arrow and "R," and they are cast (raised), it is a 604.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
+ 1 for Colt A1
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+ 1 for Colt A1

Not an A1. But it is M16

+1

M16 receivers are slick sided, & A1's are with forward assist & no Brunton Bump (shell deflector).
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top