Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2008 2:00:50 PM EDT
Has anyone bought Colt parts from brownells? If you have what color were they, gray or black?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Being that current mislpec finsih on all M16 and M4 parts is black, I would bet they are all black.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Most are black, I have gotten grey in the past, guess it depends if they have old stock when you order, but there is no way to tell what you will get.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
As stated, I used to get some gray ones, but now the ones I get are current milspec black colored.

Carlos
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As stated, I used to get some gray ones, but now the ones I get are current milspec black colored.

Carlos

If they're steel pieces, you can get back to they original gray by coating them w/Naval Jelly, anf letting them sit for a half hour or so.  Underneath the black, they're still parking the parts.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I have gotten both colors, but the vast majority have been grey.  Now, that said, Colt AR-15 pins for the trigger and hammer are .170", and Brownell's will not sell you M16 parts unless they have valid NFA documentation on you.  I may have to check if they do sell both size pins for Colt AR's as the SP1 does take .153" pins.  I may be giving bad info here.  

***Yep they sell both size pins in the common parts area of Colt***
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I am need for trigger guards and mag buttons - both AL. I will call them up and order some, worst that could happen is I get some black parts I can sell on the EE.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I never got gray mag button, but trigger guard yes.  US Anodizing does those parts.  Call and get a package deal perhaps?  They are a top notch company.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top