Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2008 8:35:28 PM EDT
Do any of you guys know of a builder that can recreate the XM177? I'm fine with field striping/maintaining an AR...but I never built one...and frankly don't want to. I'm not looking for SBR...so I know it won't be exactly the same...just looking for something similar to the little carbine. I could go with the BM 11.5/5.5...but I want an A1 receiver and standard weight barrel instead of what appears to be HB on the BM. Also, since it seems that many of you retro guys are forced to build your own out of various parts...how are your builds? Reliable? Any problems using say a CMT or LMT BCG w/someone elses barrel and mixed manufactured receivers? Thanks in advance for your help, magsig
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Find yourself a nice SP1 carbine and have 45Bravo do an XM177E2 job on the barrel!

Link Posted: 5/29/2008 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Find yourself a nice SP1 carbine and have 45Bravo do an XM177E2 job on the barrel!

+1! Uber reliability, because its an SP1 carbine, and 45Bravo's BBL work is beautiful, and 16" civvie legal!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
KKF could build you one.  ADCO could probably do it too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You are smart to stay away from building your own, if you do it just once you will never stop, it is worse than any narcotic.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You are smart to stay away from building your own, if you do it just once you will never stop, it is worse than any narcotic.

What he said...

Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

I have 4 builds waiting on barrel work, and when those finally get done I am going to TRY and take a break... maybe
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have 4 builds waiting on barrel work, and when those finally get done I am going to TRY and take a break... maybe

Doc
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I emailed NDS today and Harlan said they will be offering matching "retro upper/lower" receiver sets this fall. I guess I need to start buying the rest of the parts and I'll have one of the builders you guys have recommended put it together for me. Thanks again, Magsig.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Great info on the xm 177, that will be my next one, my third, and I don't even like AR's. Maybe its that river in Egypt.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Doc

+1

AKARS..............are you trying to convice us............or yourself?

You have the disease as bad as the rest of us!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top