Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2008 4:00:27 PM EDT
Like I don't have enough AR15's alread! I went to a gun shop the other day and saw a nice rendition of an M16A1. Upon closer inspection I found that it was a PWA A1 lower in the 8K range indicating that it was made in the late 80's or early 90's prior to the AWB. The rifle was built up with an A1 grip and M16 stock with a solid rubber buttplate and no trapdoor. The upper is a Colt A1 (CH marked) that looks like it was refinished with gray moly. The barrel is marked C MP CHROME BORE. It's got all semi guts but the carrier has no markings. Bolt is marked MP. It has A1 handguards and a standard birdcage flash hider. Looks like a typical late 80's parts gun. Overall condition is excellent. It's priced at $875 which is a little on the high side in my opinion but considering how hard it is to find pre ban PWA A1 lowers these days I'm really thinking about it.

My original goal was to have two PWA A1 lowers so I could keep one in A1 configuration and build another as an XM177E2 so that I could show off the COMMANDO markings on the lower. I had one years ago in full A1 configuration and would like to keep the one that I have in the A1 configuration.

What to do, oh, what to do?
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Build one yourself using a NoDakSpud A1 Lower and a correct upper C MP C marked barrel. The treasure hunt for the parts is half the fun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy it.  you already have like 10 times the guns I have, and my wife thinks I have about 20 times too many.  What's one more...  Or, in this forum, what is that, a trick question?
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Build one yourself using a NoDakSpud A1 Lower and a correct upper C MP C marked barrel. The treasure hunt for the parts is half the fun.

That is another option. I could convert my PWA from M16A1 to COMMANDO configuration and build an M16A1 clone on an NDS lower.

Tough call for me. Too many choices, options, and decisions. I really enjoyed having the PWA's back in the day. I had three or four of them at one time or another. They seem to represent the typical AR that I had back then. Colt's were just too expensive for my salary then.

I probably have enough parts to build an NDS lower up. Why is this so hard? I must have some sort of mutated version of BRD!
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy it. I have two PWAs. They will always have value as prebans to certain people, and none of these parts are getting easier to find.
2 years from now you'll be posting  "Remember when I could have bought that PWA at my local shop for $875 and didn't?"
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Like I replied to another post, "They ain't makin' no more of them."
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
buy  it,buy it buy it if you dont I will....lol
Link Posted: 5/10/2008 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a reason not to buy it?  If you can afford it, I say hell yeah.
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 2:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's what I would do...  

Offer him $800...If he counter-offers $825, buy it...

If he counter-offers $850...flip a coin...

If he says price is firm, walk away...
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If he counter-offers $850...flip a coin...

Call it, friend-o.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#10]
If you have the scratch, buy it, if you change your mind sell the parts you don't want.  To many times have been the case of I shoulda, coulda, woulda.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#11]
You can send it to me

My parents live in Alabama but I am AR poor.  I just have four
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#12]
If memory serves me, if you are the same 45bravo that has a HUGE gallery on gunco. I am thinking that you passed the BRD along time ago and now are in the obsessed stage. There is a point where you have to say NO!

that will save some for the rest of us.

I think this is one of your post here
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I feel real bad now.

Thanks for posting the pick I sent it to thy wife.  Maybe she will be okay with another laying around.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Buy it...
2 years from now you'll be posting  "Remember when I could have bought that PWA at my local shop for $875 and didn't?"

+1

Plus it seems to have a bit of "sentimental" value to you which you wouldn't get with an NDS lower (sorry Mike)
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Offer $800
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top