Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 3:47:03 PM EDT
I'm looking for a retro upper,Where can I find one?? Cheaperthan dirt had some last year but I guess there out any sugg
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a retro upper,Where can I find one?? Cheaperthan dirt had some last year but I guess there out any sugg

Welcome to ARFCOM, Spitfire001, keep checking the Equipment Exchange "AR15 parts used" section. People buy and sell retro (slickside or A1) parts and assy's there all the time. Just be ready to jump when you find what you're looking for because they move quickly!
Also be advised that the "A1" uppers that some retail houses advertise are really C7 uppers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
ohio ordnance works has complete A1 uppers at this time, nodak spud is advertising slick side stripped uppers if you wanted to go that route.

Stinkyrat
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Gunny's Surplus has them as well, for a little over $200. The one I received was in good shape but had a lot of finish wear. It was non-Colt (either GM Hydramatic or H&R) with unmarked receiver and chrome chamber only (marked "MP" between FSB and "C" on barrel). It had that "bronze" anodizing color where the finish was worn off. I was happy overall for what I paid.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gunny's Surplus has them as well, for a little over $200. The one I received was in good shape but had a lot of finish wear. It was non-Colt (either GM Hydramatic or H&R) with unmarked receiver and chrome chamber only (marked "MP" between FSB and "C" on barrel). It had that "bronze" anodizing color where the finish was worn off. I was happy overall for what I paid.

Thanks for the tip, Master Sergeant.  I just ordered a stock from them.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top