Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2007 2:36:20 PM EDT
I was looking at a replica of the Colt 4x20 scope that J&G Sales has for $39.95. Has anyone used one of these and how well do they work?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never used/seen one, but I've heard good things about NcStar scopes.
They're not the best, but pretty good for the money.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I havn't used the NcStar, but I have tried two other Colt copies. They were both pretty junky, barely acceptable.
I do use the Hakko 4x21, which, while it isn't a cosmetic copy of the Colt, is an updated copy and a high quality optic and a terrific deal.
Your other choice is one of the used Israeli scopes.
Depends on whether you want function or appearance.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have learned the hard way that you get what you pay for with scopes.  I have never seen a $40 scope that was a decent deal.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I want the optic to attach to the Retro A1 I just built. The appearance and price is what attracted me to the NcStar Retro scope. I do want it functional. I would rather have the real thing, but that is not within the budget.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There are 4 screws that hold the mount to the scope body.  I highly suggest using loctite on them.

I had one a few years back and I couldn't understand why the zero kept moving - till Fight4YourRights pointed out that 2 of the screws had dropped out and the 3rd one was almost all the way out.  Once they were loctited in place it worked much better.

Good info to know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:02:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I do use the Hakko 4x21, which, while it isn't a cosmetic copy of the Colt, is an updated copy and a high quality optic and a terrific deal.

Hakko/Japan was the OEM for all of the 3x21 and 4x21 Colt scopes.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top