Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:18:50 PM EDT
NOT A FOR SALE AD - DO NOT IM BECAUSE I WILL NOT RESPOND

I've been gettin rid of alot of stuff that i've been collecting over the years and going to put a set of these up on the EE. I haven't seen them for sale much and have no clue what they go for. If anyone can give me a ballpark, i'd appreciate it. These are the round plastic with ribs a bit more apart than standard handguards and replace the triangle bakelites. Thanks,
MJA

ETA a pic (sorry blanco). Standard HG on right uses round cap. The lonestar on left uses triangle cap and note the ribs further apart.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
NOT A FOR SALE AD - DO NOT IM BECAUSE I WILL NOT RESPOND

I've been gettin rid of alot of stuff that i've been collecting over the years and going to put a set of these up on the EE. I haven't seen them for sale much and have no clue what they go for. If anyone can give me a ballpark, i'd appreciate it. These are the round plastic with ribs a bit more apart than standard handguards and replace the triangle bakelites. Thanks,
MJA

What do they look like?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
i sold a set on gunbroker a couple of months ago for 22.99, but that included a funky pistol grip too,

took several relist to finally sell,

hth
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to say, but they are still bad aftermarket repros. There is always some dude ,who has a personal connection that compels him to pay more than the 15 bucks their worth. Gentleman! Start your flamethrowers....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ETA a pic (sorry blanco). Standard HG on right uses round cap. The lonestar on left uses triangle cap and note the ribs further apart.

Standard rifle handguards use a triangle handguard cap.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Edited, misunderstood that it was the handguards and not the grips....
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Back in the day, Lonestar was one of the few companies out there making any furniture for the AR15. They made two types of round A2 style handguards, one with an end that would work with the triangular cap, and one that would work with a round cap. I don't know why they made the latter as you had to remove the triangular cap and replace it with a round one. A fair amount of work for the inexperienced gunsmith just to switch to round handguards. They were the only option if you couldn't find real A2 handguards which were scarce in the beginning.

The handguards did have liners in them and seemed to hold up well under heat. The grip they offered was a fat A2 style with a trapdoor in the bottom. It wasn't very well designed and the door would often fall off.

Choate was one other company that offered AR15 furniture. They made a neat clubfoot stock that allowed you to tuck your off hand underneath the stock when firing from the prone or a bench. They even called it an off hand notch.

Ramline made an A2 style grip that sucked worse than the Lonestar. It had a neat little sliding cover that would slide right off the first time it went to the field.

While grips offer a space to store items in, I wouldn't store anything of value in it as it was most likely going to be lost during the first half hour of the patrol. I wouldn't cry over a pack of chewing gum but a spare parts kit would certainly be missed.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top