Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 2:14:38 PM EDT
Well not me personally, but my brother just got a certain German light machinegun Friday and we went shooting today. Still some kinks to work out and we need to get it broken in and get a new recoil spring, as well as get an 8mm bolt head so we can start SHOOTING it in 8mm instead of 308. But MAN this thing is fun!!! We were only able to shoot it one round at a time most of the time, but we got 5-6 rounds off in a row a few times. The problem is that the spring isnt strong enough to push the bolt forward all the way every time, so it would only lightly touch the primer because it's not far enough up. Like I said, we just need to get a stronger spring and it should fix it.

On to pics!!

My brother shooting his new beltfed:

Me:

And to keep it AR related, my XM!

And the flak vest is because we werent sure what was gonna happen as this was our first time shooting this. And it was built from a parts kit/rewelded receiver. Better safe than sorry!\

ETA: And yeah..i really like Flecktarn
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
right click......save as.

Dang, that much faith in how the rifle was put together..........It really is better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
right click......save as.

Dang, that much faith in how the rifle was put together..........It really is better safe than sorry.

Well the guy that put it together (not the guy that welded it) advised us NOT to shoot it much until he gets the stronger springs made, as the current spring may not close the bolt enough and may cause an OOB explosion. We pretty much wore the old spring out while we were shooting it, as when we were firing the last few times, the bolt WOULD NOT go forward all the way, and when we pulled the trigger, the firing pin wasnt even reaching the primer. It barely will even push a round through the belt as it is right now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats sweet! Id like to see some vids of that used in the FDCC shoots.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thats sweet! Id like to see some vids of that used in the FDCC shoots.

Once you've "assualt carried" one with a 50 round belt, you'll see how funny that is
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
AWESOME!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice, keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm Blanco's brother..

Both of us have absolutely fell in love with this thing. I have one more MG34 parts kit to build and I think I'll be done building beltfeds... I don't know how I'm going to keep them all fed!! 1919... MG42.... MG34.... Such problems I have in life......

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm Blanco's brother..

Both of us have absolutely fell in love with this thing. I have one more MG34 parts kit to build and I think I'll be done building beltfeds... I don't know how I'm going to keep them all fed!! 1919... MG42.... MG34.... Such problems I have in life......

Great job Matt!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
....a certain German light machinegun .... only able to shoot it one round at a time ....a few 5-6 round "bursts".....

You had me thinking maching gun as well. :)
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I love MG42's. Back in my WW2 reenacting days I humped a 42 for 2 years. I enjoyed the gun most when I could use the Lafette mount in a prepared position.
I still get a laugh everytime I see the assault at the radar station in Saving Private Ryan. Whoever wrote that scene never actually used the gun. Those Rangers would've never made it more then 50 feet from the treeline. The gun is just plain lethal in experienced hands.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man you had to play the machine gun game.......  I wish I could have MG's in my state. I know I would have at least two by now!

You are only 2 hours away from shooting MGs.
Watch the ORHTF for the next shoot and bring lots of ammo. We like to share!!!

+1

Linky to pic thread, some vids in there also....

ETA.....nice MG!!!!

there was a couple of mg42's at our shoot...talk about rate of fire!....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:04:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just an observation, the flak vest is nice but most of what it covers can be fixed, your EYES can not, wear some saftey glasses!

RMiller

Had them on the kitchen counter before we left and I walked right out without them. The range is about 30 minutes from my house so I took a chance.. Doesn't happen often but it did this time.

And yeah Blanco, the way you made it sound I made this into a machine gun... But nope, unfortunately I don't have my Class 2 to make one and I definitely don't have the $40,000+ to buy one... So this one is strictly semi auto...

Thanks again for the compliments guys.. I have a video of the first round being fired... But it's only one round, not very exciting. Well... Except for me that is... I can post it up if anyone wants to see it...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....a certain German light machinegun .... only able to shoot it one round at a time ....a few 5-6 round "bursts".....

You had me thinking maching gun as well. :)

My bad I thought the quotation marks would offset it. By bursts, I meant 5 or 6 rounds firing in a row.

ETA: Fixed it
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Lake City I gather.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top