Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2007 7:30:40 PM EDT
I just purchased a surplus M16a1 upper and would like to get an A2 lower that matches the color of the upper.  The upper is a Colt (gray) and I've only seen black A2 lowers.  I know the A2 lower isn't "correct" but I'm trying to keep the cost down.  Anyone know of any lowers that are gray rather than black.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Get an NDS A1 lower, they are pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
NDS..........already comes in the color you need.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know the A2 lower isn't "correct" but I'm trying to keep the cost down.  Anyone know of any lowers that are gray rather than black.  Thanks.

Essential Arms is the cheapest you'll find that's offered in grey. Don't know how well it will match your upper though. As mentioned NoDak Spud offers the color and the correct look for your upper. It may be more than you want to spend, but you'll thank yourself later.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
$80 for Essential Arms; $160 for NoDakSpud.  Pay your money and take your choice.
I have some EA small parts (trigger guard/charging handle, etc.); they are nicely done.  Spend the extra $80 on the NoDak lower tho'.  Do it once; do it right.
Moon
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
NDS is the only company offering colt grey anodized lowers.  The EA lowers are a great deal for the money, but their grey color is not a close match for an original-finish upper.

You can always go the dura-coat or norells route and refinish an A2 lower yourself if you want to save $$$.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top